Windows 10: Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

Discus and support Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ...it pins the folder itself. So instead of seeing the shortcut name, you see the folder name in the Quick access list.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CR Vandecar, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

...it pins the folder itself. So instead of seeing the shortcut name, you see the folder name in the Quick access list.

:)

CR Vandecar, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Pin Shortcut

I do it by not creating a shortcut but letting Windows do it. I click on the tiny icon [favicon] at the left end of the URL/Address and dragging to the Desktop, then I have the right-click choices of Pin to Start and Pin to Taskbar. If pinned to Start it usually is at the bottom of the column of tiles so I drag it up the list to where I want it.

Berton, Apr 26, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Hiago Win User

Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem

So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me?

Right now, it looks like this:

Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut [​IMG]

But it should look like this:

Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut [​IMG]

Hiago, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

1. Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut - Similar Threads - Shortcut right click

2. Pin a shortcut to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin a shortcut to Start: I have Among Us Epic Games on my laptop, and I want to pin it to the start menu. I could just pin Among Us exact url C:/Program Files/..., however, multiplayer does not work because it has to open in the Epic Games launcher, which is why Epic Games created a shortcut on the...
  3. Pin shortcuts to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin shortcuts to Start: I would like to add shortcuts to my Start Menu. I know you can add programs plus items like Control Panel and administrative tools. But I would like to add my saved Remote Desktop Connection sessions. I hate having to minimize all my windows at get to my Desktop. And I don't...
  4. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  5. Right click shortcuts doesn't work in any app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click shortcuts doesn't work in any app: Hi, I have this problem in my new and old one laptop. On the beginning, I would like to say, that I've did a clean install of Windows 10 on my new laptop. So, when I do a right click on any app (system - like windows file explorer; or apps like Mozzila Firefox), the...
  6. Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Acess's Desktop Shortcut: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [ATTACH] But it should look like this:...
  7. Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick acess Desktop shortcut problem: So, I started to use Quick Acess and everything seemed ok. But the thing is that, the 'Desktop' shortcut isn't showing my own desktop. It's only showing my program/games icons. Can you guys help me? Right now, it looks like this: [img] But it should look like this: [img]...
  8. Icon for pinned shortcut changes when I click on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for pinned shortcut changes when I click on it: If you pin an item to the taskbar, you can change the icon for that pinned item. Right? No problem. My issue is that when I click on that pinned item, the icon I chose for the shortcut goes away and Windows displays the icon coded into this particular .EXE file. I cannot...
  9. Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path: Any time I pin a User Folder to Quick Access (Documents, Downloads, etc.) the path Quick Access takes me to is This PC\[Folder] instead of C:\Users\[Profile]\[Folder] I find it a pain causing I am constantly using the Foward, Back, and Up buttons in Explorer. This tends to...
  10. Pin Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Shortcut: I have created a shortcut on my Desktop that will take me to a specific url - is it possible to pin this shortcut to the taskbar? Many thanks 40837

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create gmail shortcut in taskbar