Windows 10: Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?

Discus and support Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I regularly switch between two default audio devices - my headphones when I'm sitting, and my second monitor's built-in speakers for when I'm afk /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rawr_Mom, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?

I regularly switch between two default audio devices - my headphones when I'm sitting, and my second monitor's built-in speakers for when I'm afk / standing / doing stuff around my room. I'd like to be able to streamline the process as much as I can, because it helps me be a bit more productive.

As it stands, to change my default output device I have to click the volume thing in the system tray, click the new dropdown, and then click the other device after making sure I have it highlighted. Three clicks and a check.

I'm after installing SoundSwitch, which is slightly better but not perfect. I can use a keyboard and mouse macro to do it but I prefer not to take up keys doing things. I can now double click a tiny icon in the system tray.

My ideal solution would be to just be able to single-click a shortcut on my taskbar and have it switch from the headphones to the TV or vice versa. I created a clickable shortcut on my taskbar to toggle mute / unmute on my line in using Sound Volume View, but sadly I can't seem to find a way to create a shortcut for this in SVV, just one to set a singular device as default.

Would this be possible?

For reference, in the sound flyout, my headphones are called 'Headset Earphone (CORSAIR VOID RGB USB Gaming Headset)' and the monitor is 'DSGI TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)'.

submitted by /u/Rawr_Mom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rawr_Mom, Mar 15, 2021

2. Shortcut for Playback Devices in Win 10?

hi since upgrading to widows 10 I have lost cd and dvd playback capabilities , and after opening volume control and selecting playback devices found there is not any devices there

michaelwilliamsmith, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Shortcut for Playback Devices in Win 10?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There isn't any shortcut option for switching playback device in Windows 10 so far. However you may
    change the settings for the default play back devices following
    the below steps and check.

• Open the Desktop, find the
      volume
      icon on the Taskbar.
    • Right click on Volume button and select the
      Playback devices.
    • Select the device (which you want to set as default playback device) and click on
      Set as default button (you may use the different option under the drop down menu also).

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?

Default Device

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

There isn't any shortcut option for switching playback device in Windows 10 so far. However you may change the settings for the default play back devices following the below steps and check.

• Open the Desktop, find the volume icon on the
      Taskbar.
    • Right click on Volume button and select the Playback devices.
    • Select the device (which you want to set as default playback device) and click on
      Set as default button (you may use the different option under the drop down menu also).
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices?

1. Shortcut / script to switch default Playback Device setting between two devices? - Similar Threads - Shortcut script switch

2. Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device: I would like to ask how to change between the linked devices without changing the default device. Seamingly there are no tabs or a drop down to change between the two linked phones without changing the default device.Phone Link 1.22042.168.0Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion...
  3. Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link - switch between multiple devices without changing the default device: I would like to ask how to change between the linked devices without changing the default device. Seamingly there are no tabs or a drop down to change between the two linked phones without changing the default device.Phone Link 1.22042.168.0Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion...
  4. I can't switch playback devices and can't set speaker as default on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch playback devices and can't set speaker as default on Windows 10: Hello, I have two issues with my audio/playback devices and would really need your help.1. The playback devices on the taskbar are no changeable i.e. I can't switch between laptop speaker, headphones, HDMI audio, etc. - see screen shot no.12. I could not set the laptop...
  5. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  6. After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After upgrade to 1903: Switching between Default Playback Devices doesn't change line-in...: I used to switch default playback devices (speakers/headphones) via Autohotkey script. After the upgrade from 1806 to 1903, both of my line-in audio signals will ignore any change of the default playback device until reboot. In other words: Whenever I set my headphones to the...
  7. Shortcut to Playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to Playback devices: Hello All, I was wondering how I can get the shortcut back to 'Playback devices' on the menu you get when you right click the volume icon. In one update it was replaced with 'Sounds' and I don't know about you but I'm not changing my sounds so often I need a shortcut to...
  8. Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between "playback device" doesn't switch.: Hello there, My Surface Pro 4 is unable to switch between the 3 various output audio devices as shown below. For example, audio would be playing through "Speakers (Surface Dock)" then when I switch to "Headset Earphone (4- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000)", the audio...
  9. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device: In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Most applications use the Default Playback device (currently set to USB Speakers as indicated by the...
  10. Playback device switch automation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playback device switch automation: How can I set my preferences to switch playback device if one is not available, then also if another device does become available (computer recognizes it as being on) then switch back. Hotkeys are ok too, Thanks! 91434