Windows 10: Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties

Discus and support Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to enable cheats in Far Cry 2, so I made a shortcut and wanted to add the parameters in the shortcut tab in the properties. Problem is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheIronSven, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties

I'm trying to enable cheats in Far Cry 2, so I made a shortcut and wanted to add the parameters in the shortcut tab in the properties. Problem is, there is no Shortcut tab. Only General, Web Document, Security, Details and Previous Versions.

submitted by /u/TheIronSven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheIronSven, Mar 5, 2023

2. Shortcut tab missing in file properties

File Explorer property has missing the tab called "Shortcut". Pls find Win7/Win8 src-sht as it was there. Due to that many thing found very problematic. Pls provide way out if any.

Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties ab789660-1de9-4ae3-b268-e046941b7b09.jpg

Tamal Banerjee, Mar 5, 2023
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Shortcut tab missing in file properties

Hello Tamal,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

Does the issue persist in properties of all the files and shortcuts?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

This issue may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

Shortcut tab will be there only when we create shortcut for any particular folder or file.

However, if it does not help, I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run system file checker(SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt(admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

If issue still persists, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt(admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Mar 5, 2023
  4. B.Lemire Win User

Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties

Shortcut tab

This tab is missing from the Shortcut Properties window. Am using Windows 10, Build 18363, Latest update 1909

B.Lemire, Mar 5, 2023
Thema:

Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties

1. Shortcut Tab missing in Shortcut properties - Similar Threads - Shortcut Tab missing

2. Shortcut Tab missing in Properties window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Shortcut Tab missing in Properties window in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you have ever opened the Properties of an application (.exe) file, you might have seen the Shortcut tab there. The Shortcut tab is useful when you want to add some arguments to an application. Some users found the Shortcut tab missing in the Properties window in...
  3. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  4. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  5. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Missing Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Shortcut: I can't find a file that i did not delete and when i click on the shortcut i normally used, it says "the item 'modern warfare launcher' has been changed or removed so this shortcut is no longer valid" please help...
  7. Shortcut tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut tab: This tab is missing from the Shortcut Properties window. Am using Windows 10, Build 18363, Latest update 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-tab/9c097bb4-d2a9-4af8-bd13-204319ad470f
  8. Shortcuts are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts are missing: Game shortcuts that I put on my desktop keep disappearing. For example yesterday I had Counter Strike shortcut but today it is missing… You see the programs are still there but shortcuts keep disappearing...
  9. Missing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing shortcuts: The shortcuts are missing on my desktop. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-shortcuts/d1f87515-6186-4322-a836-89c528564d27
  10. Shortcut properties - setting and preserving

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut properties - setting and preserving: I am working with a fresh W10 install. I am used to W7. One old (x86) application I run requires that I configure the Start in setting for the shortcut that launches it. The shortcut that was placed on the desktop did not let me change that. The shortcut in the New list...