Windows 10: Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.

Discus and support Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. Among the programs I use in maintaining my system is IObit's "Advanced System Care," and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerBlair1, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.

I'm running W10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. Among the programs I use in maintaining my system is IObit's "Advanced System Care," and I keep a shortcut to it in a folder along with other shortcuts. I generally run ASC once a week. For the past three or four weeks, I've noticed one of two things happening: either the shortcut disappears from the foler, or the module the shortcut points to (ASC.EXE) has diappeared (leaving me with an invalid shortcut). I've had to copy both the shortcut and the module to my desktop for easy access. What's going on here, and how do I stop it?

:)

RogerBlair1, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Aug 19, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder. upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Aug 19, 2019
  4. jacobacci Win User

Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.

Program shortcut icons disappear

@dalchina
    I have reinstalled EasyBCD and I now have the empty icon in the utilities folder after a reboot.
    The Resource Hacker screens look as follows. I cannot see a difference to dalchina's screenshots. The only difference I see is that I cannot display screen3 in editor mode, only in binary.

Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder. [​IMG]

jacobacci, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder.

1. Shortcut to a program keeps disappearing from a folder. - Similar Threads - Shortcut program keeps

2. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  3. Synchronizing program and folder shortcut

Synchronizing program and folder shortcut: Hello, dear ones! I have Microsoft 365 Personal and one of its benefits is OneDrive with 1TB. Well, I synchronize the following folders: Workspace; Documents; Images. Well, when installing a new program, I end up allowing the creation of a shortcut on the desktop...
  4. Files and folders keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files and folders keep disappearing: At online school, we have a lot to keep track of, and a lot of materials, I keep them in one folder then back them up through pCloud. Then after a while there is nothing there. Several folders get deleted or missing and in a few weeks, the entire folder, gone. Is this a known...
  5. Programs keep disappearing from start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs keep disappearing from start-up: So currently a list of programs (f.lux, Mailbird, QuiteRSS, etc.) keeps randomly disappearing from my Start-up. They're all listed in my Start-up menu but every now and then (maybe once or twice a week) they keep disappearing from the Start-up for no reason which either means...
  6. Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing: Hi everyone. So I have a weird problem. I have a "Games" folder on my Dektop. It's where I keep my games, shocking, I know. For some reason the isons constantly disappear. Sometimes I set custom icons if I don't like the looks of a default icon, it just helps me identify...
  7. Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10

Folders keep disappearing from the taskbar - Windows 10: Hi, My open folders keep disappearing from my taskbar (on my work computer). This is disruptive and annoying. I want them to remain open for as long as the computer is turned off or I close them. Any useful advice welcome!...
  8. Program shortcut icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Program shortcut icons disappear: I have some folders on my desktop which contain shortcuts to often used programs. Some of these icons sometimes get lost (quite reliably after I reinstall Windows from scratch and newly create the folder that holds the shortcuts and the shortcuts themselves) and only a white...
  9. Difficulty opening Programs from shortcuts within folders on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty opening Programs from shortcuts within folders on Desktop: I'm having a problem with a new build on Win10 Home, 64bit. I try to keep the desktop tidy by having folders for different types of programs and utilities. When I try to open some programs from within those folders - usually those needing UAC confirmation (but not always...
  10. Shortcut arrows keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut arrows keep disappearing: Since upgrading to W10 from W7, any shortcuts held within folders lose their little arrows after a few hours making them indistinguishable from the original file icons. Replacing these shortcuts with new ones, does not help as the same thing happens after a short time. All...