Windows 10: Shortcut to "Backup Options"

Discus and support Shortcut to "Backup Options" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; It would be helpful to place a shortcut on the start menu or taskbar to the "Backup Options" page that requires us to first open: Settings / Security /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by orealius, Sep 24, 2019.

1. orealius Win User

Shortcut to "Backup Options"

It would be helpful to place a shortcut on the start menu or taskbar to the "Backup Options" page that requires us to first open: Settings / Security / Backup / options.

Any ideas appreciated*Eek

:)

orealius, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Meghana C Win User

issue with backup options Windows 10

Hi David,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with backup option.

To assist you better, kindly provide the information:

• How exactly are you trying to perform back up? Is it from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) or File History?

• Which drive have you selected to back up? Is it an external drive or a network drive or a local drive of the system?

• When you say 'only allows me to do another backup with the same options', which options are you referring to?

• Are you unable to select a different drive for a backup from the backup destination list?
    If you are using a Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option then, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Type backup and restore in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on setup backup option.

• Click on refresh button to check if the drives are visible in the
      backup destination list.

• Choose the drive which you want to back up and click on
      next.
    If you are trying to use file history I suggest you to un-plug it and restart your computer. Re-plug the external drive and check if the file history options are available.

Please get back to us with the information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Sep 24, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Shortcut to "Backup Options"

Shortcut options

Hi David,

To be able to get the advanced Properties for your desktop shortcut, you'll need to get the location of your browser.

You just need to copy the Target address found at the Shortcut tab that can be found on the screenshot Monica has provided you.

After that, you can follow these steps to create a desktop shortcut:

• Right-click on a blank space from the Desktop, click
      New
      , then select Shortcut.
    • Paste the address you've copied from the browser's properties, enter a single space, then type in the website you want to exactly open from the shortcut.
      ie. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.cbc.ca/listen/live/radio1/vancouver
    • Click the Apply button, then OK.
    • Open the properties of the newly created desktop shortcut, then go to the Shortcut
      tab to follow the steps Monica has provided you.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut to "Backup Options"

1. Shortcut to "Backup Options" - Similar Threads - Shortcut Backup Options

2. Recovery and Backup Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery and Backup Options: System image over recovery drive or BOTH along with file history? From what I understand a recovery drive is system data and you will lose installed apps & personal data files. System image will cover everything, the entire drive/disk, correct? I just updated my USB Recovery...
  3. Recovery and Backup Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery and Backup Options: System image over recovery drive or BOTH along with file history? From what I understand a recovery drive is system data and you will lose installed apps & personal data files. System image will cover everything, the entire drive/disk, correct? I just updated my USB Recovery...
  4. Save option in keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save option in keyboard shortcuts: I have windows 10 and I ALWAYS use the keyboard shortcuts - I need one for SAVE, but I need it for my accounting program. Don't even know if it's possible, hoping it is! BUT I have the dreaded Sage 50 - UGGHH and I'm not sure if that's what is not allowing me to use an ms...
  5. Backup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Options: I am a long term Mac user and just switched to a Windows 10 machine. I have to say that Windows has come a long way! I need some help in choosing the best way for backing up my system.From my reading, the Windows 10 offers two types of backup: file history and system image....
  6. Backup options and questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup options and questions: I recently added a SSD and an old HDD to my computer I will call the old HDD "HDD2" and the newer HDD "HDD1". I was able to successfully copy Windows to the SSD and HDD2 from HDD1. I then removed Windows from HDD1, which I am keeping for "data". I want to use HDD2 for...
  7. Backup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Options: Good day all! Is anyone knows how to manage the windows 10 backup options bypassing the Microsoft default setting? Windows 10 Backup has no longer given the options to chose which drive / partitions or folders to backup as part of a full-backup. It gives the option to add...
  8. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  9. Backup Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: When I set Back up options to Daily and keep my backups until "space is needed", updates to foles I've changed are added, yet the old on is still there. How can I just back up the new file over the original one saved? Are there any options for that?...
  10. Backup Options?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Options?: Hi, How do you guys and girls, backup your data? I just got this, hoping it wasn't a mistake - WD 8 TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage - Black (WDBVBZ0080JCH-EESN). Thanks 97184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all Computer backup short cut

2. shortcut to backup options

3. open win10 backup with a shortcut