Windows 10: Shortcut to change listening device

Discus and support Shortcut to change listening device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my System I use an Virtual audio cable as my default audio device so I select my actual output device as the listening device of the input of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reclinarka, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Shortcut to change listening device

On my System I use an Virtual audio cable as my default audio device so I select my actual output device as the listening device of the input of the VAC. I do this because some programs and games I use can't switch the audio device once it has started, therfore the VAC is always the default and I can switch the listening device while the program/game is already opened. My question is if there is a way to make a batch file or shortcut to switch the properties of an input device so I can make a shortcut to switch the listening device instead of always opening the sounds menu and doing it manually.

:)

reclinarka, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Shortcut to change listening device :)

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Shortcut to change listening device

Create a shortcut to "Listen to this device"

Hi Jean,

There's a way to create a Sound shortcut on your desktop, but not to the exact page that you've posted. You still need to navigate to Recording > Microphone > Properties which is still the same when you right-click the Sound icon on the System Tray.

I did some searching in the community and found this thread with
    a similar concern. You can look into DanielMedin's posts on the thread and see if that works for you.

If nothing works, then I recommend that you submit this query as a suggestion through our Feedback Hub. This way our software engineers will be able to look into it. Please check out Send
    feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    for the detailed steps in sending a feedback.

Should you have other Windows concerns, feel free to post it here in the community.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut to change listening device

1. Shortcut to change listening device - Similar Threads - Shortcut change listening

2. Listen to this device doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Listen to this device doesnt work: Whenever I use listen to this device, no sound plays, I have tried terminating and restarting windows audio both through services and through the console, does anyone know a way to fix this?...
  3. Listen to this device doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Listen to this device doesnt work: Whenever I use listen to this device, no sound plays, I have tried terminating and restarting windows audio both through services and through the console, does anyone know a way to fix this?...
  4. Listen to this device doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Listen to multiple audio devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to multiple audio devices: I have two virtual audio cables to use to play music down a mic. I need help finding a setup where my mic is mixed in with the final output but i cant hear it and my music plays down the output but also my headphones. Any suggestions? im using vb audio if that helps...
  6. "listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "listen to this device": I've been using a soundboard for a couple of days along with VB Audio Cable to play silly sound clips through game chat while I'm streaming. Today the feature "listen to this device" won't work, as you have the Virtual audio cable "listen" to the output of whatever you want...
  7. windows 10 "Listen to this Device"

windows 10 "Listen to this Device": I am running a sound board and playing it through my microphone in game chat and through OBS on stream using VB Audio Cable, one night it was working, the next day it is not. i have downloaded another virtual audio cable and that does not pick up the input from my...
  8. Listen to this device not directly changing after switching default sound device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Listen to this device not directly changing after switching default sound device: Is there an option to let it switch in real time? Only solution atm is to disable and re-enable listening or change the target device every single time. I'd like this feature because I only need the audio of my browser to go through virtual audio cable and pass it on to...
  9. Mic listen to this device stuck on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic listen to this device stuck on.: For some reason, today windows decided to constantly have the listen to my own microphone stuck active whenever start a program that uses it or the windows sound control panel. Listen to this device is un-checked under the microphone properties yet i still hear myself....
  10. Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device

Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device: I use Line In to play audio through my PC speakers. I have the option selected to playback through Default Playback Device. Since the most recent Windows build update when I switch the sound output from Speakers to Headphones, the Line In continues to play through Speakers. I...