Windows 10: Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?

Discus and support Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64 bit running 20xx build. 2 users in the same laptop. If one user shutsdown the laptop without logging off, the next time another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/voracread, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?

Windows 10 Home 64 bit running 20xx build. 2 users in the same laptop.

If one user shutsdown the laptop without logging off, the next time another users goes to shutdown, it says that the other user is still logged in.

So I am looking for a solution that gracefully logs out both users and then shuts down directly from desktop rather than going through the 2-step process of logging out first, waiting for the lockscreen to appear and then shutdown from there.

submitted by /u/voracread
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/voracread, Aug 23, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.

Hi, the shutdown sound simply doesn't have time to play in most cases. That's been discussed previously on tenforums.

I don't see log on/off sounds listed- did you add those options? e.g.
    How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10

Perhaps see:

dalchina, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Mike_LS Win User
    How to create a shortcut to logoff AND login another user?

To conveniently allow another user on Windows 10 to logoff the existing user and then login to the computer, is it possible to create a single shortcut that would do both?

I know how to create a shortcut that would use shutdown.exe -L that would logoff the existing user, but it would be great if this shortcut could be extended to also login a specified user.

This is needed because Windows 10 automatically at boot-up logins the last user to shutdown the computer. Even if the last user has a password for login, and a different user is selected to login, the last user is still automatically signed in, which results
    in a warning message about another user being signed in when the second user goes to shutdown the computer. The only known way to avoid this is by every user having a password, plus logging off first before shutting down the computer.

So, a simpler workaround would be for users (only two are required for my computer) to have shortcuts on the desktops which would enable another user to double-click their specific shortcut icon to both logoff the existing user and log themselves on.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop

Mike_LS, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?

regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.

I knew about that.
    I set them as something else, so it sounds like XP, if that's what you're asking.

EmattpoYou, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?

1. Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown? - Similar Threads - Shortcut combine logoff

2. Different color on login/logoff/restart/shutdown screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different color on login/logoff/restart/shutdown screen: Hi! I have a problem when I login/logoff/restart/shutdown my computer. I made my theme color be dark blue but when I login/logoff/restart/shutdown it is in yellow color. If it means anything, I previously had a Windows 8.1, and it's theme color was yellow. I know it's a very...
  3. Windows XP Shutdown and Logoff Menus for modern Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows XP Shutdown and Logoff Menus for modern Windows: Hi, I'm and I rebuilt the Windows XP Luna shutdown and logoff dialog menus, because XP is 20 years old this year plus I've had a bit of interest in this while I was building it so I'd like to share it with you. I coded it completely ground-up in AHK (Autohotkey) and it's...
  4. Google drive sync at Logoff/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Google drive sync at Logoff/Shutdown: Hello Community, I have a script which will create a file and deletes an other file in a Google Drive folder.It's working totally fine When I put that script under run> gpedit.msc> logoff script and then logoff from thge computer it doesn't work. Personally I think it...
  5. shortcut shutdown

shortcut shutdown: I want to put shortcut shutdown button on my taskbar.I right click on desktop to create new shortcut and in the box i typed shutdown.exe/s/t 0 and clicked next i get pop up message shutdown folder cant be found. And no matter what command i type in the box i get the same pop...
  6. regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit inserted logon, logoff, and shutdown sounds not playing.: On my Windows 10 Home 1909 version, I am trying to skin my installation to look and almost act like Windows XP. It is almost done, as Winaero Tweaker has helped disable Aero Snap likewise. [img] The only problem I have is the regedit keys I have edited so that I am able to...
  7. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working: Good day! I updated my laptop to the latest build of Windows 10. I noticed that some of the keyboard combinations are not working ( RShift+Left Arrow, RCTRL+RShift+Left/Right Arrow ). It will work if I use LShift/RShift+Right Arrow and LCTRL+LShift/RShift+Right Arrow....
  8. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts: Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a...
  9. Shutdown Shortcut

Shutdown Shortcut: Win XP had a neat tip/trick where you could create a Shutdown shortcut and place the Icon on your desktop. To shutdown your PC, you would just click on the Icon, and voila, your PC shutdown. Does anyone know if something like this is available in W10? 96625
  10. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

in Windows 10 Support
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing: Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing in Windows 10. What should I do? 11355