Windows 10: Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

Discus and support Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller. Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, May 2, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller.
    Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the device from waking the computer.
    The problem is that it frequently reverts to allowing wake, thus making it impossible to keep the computer asleep. Apparently this results from Nvidia driver updates.

:)

tcebob, May 2, 2016
  2. Benxas Win User

Network adapters show up in device manager but not network connections

OK,

So no idea why I didn't think of this before. SYSTEM RESTORE.

Did a system restore to a few weeks ago and now everything is working fine. It would be nice to understand what the underlying bug in windows 10 is that causes this, but at least I have a working internet connection again. I will report the bug through the
    windows 10 feedback system.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Benxas, May 2, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Network adapters show up in device manager but not network connections

Can you establish a wired internet connection if you restart the computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" ?

auggy, May 2, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, May 2, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It cannot be done. Anything that triggers an IRQ to wake up the system from S3 state, is going to happen when you want to do something. There is no way around it. As for it going back to sleep, it should be going back after the system gets no more IRQ requests.

Your only thing would be to place it back into S3 sleep state by using Task Manager.

bro67, May 2, 2016
  6. tcebob Win User
    topgundcp, thanks for the reference.

bro67, I'll need to look up "s3" sleep. Is that the usual sleep state? The problem is, when the Nvidia network device has permission to wake the computer it will keep doing so about a minute after the system returns to sleep, presumably to reset the system time as a time reset usually follows the wakeup. So I have to manually reset the driver to remove permission to wake the computer. I don't know why there are so many time reset calls.

tcebob, May 2, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    S3 is the normal sleep state that computers go into. It is a low wattage state, that keeps the CPU in just enough of a listening state, that it only wakes up all other devices when something triggers the IRQ to bring it back up.

Recheck your power settings, you can also use PowerCfg to run reports on last sleep state, etc.. If you use something like RealVNC or RDP to connect, I would maybe set a Task to look for the logging out to place it back into Sleep, or place a shortcut on the desktop or taskbar to put it to sleep, before logging out.

Once it goes into sleep, the remote software will tell you that it lost its connection.

bro67, May 2, 2016
  8. tcebob Win User

'Preciate the advice. Resetting the driver fixes the problem, at least until the next update, so I'll stay with that for now.

tcebob, May 3, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Set Windows to not update Device Drivers. That should fix the problem. It is screwing with the Task for some reason.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . . - Similar Threads - Shortcut Device Manager

2. A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager: * I have 10 network adapters and 8 of them are WAN Miniport here are some : IKEv2, L2TP, SSTP, PPTP, PPPOE, and Network monitor. I'm just wondering what these are, specifically network monitor. Does it mean that it's monitoring what I do?...
  3. A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager: * I have 10 network adapters and 8 of them are WAN Miniport here are some : IKEv2, L2TP, SSTP, PPTP, PPPOE, and Network monitor. I'm just wondering what these are, specifically network monitor. Does it mean that it's monitoring what I do?...
  4. A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  6. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  7. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  9. Network adapters are missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapters are missing from device manager: So I think my personal notebook was left on for a week or two and today when i opened it, there was no network + a few other things. 1) completely no network adapters (i dont use LAN, only wifi) 2) audio driver is installed but not working 3) mouse driver is not installed...
  10. Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks: The problem arised after I had come back from a month of using an ethernet connection which I no longer have access to, so I switched back to this, to find it not working at all. The Wifi adapter doesn't even show up in network connections. In device manager, it shows up and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shortcut to network adapters