Windows 10: Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?

Discus and support Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a shortcut to the Windows 10 emojis on a physical keyboard? I'm using a Surface 3. I read that Win + . or Win + ; worked but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FlexiPack, Dec 20, 2017.

1. FlexiPack Win User

Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?

Hello,

Is there a shortcut to the Windows 10 emojis on a physical keyboard? I'm using a Surface 3. I read that Win + . or Win + ; worked but it doesn't for me.

:)

FlexiPack, Dec 20, 2017
  2. Marie Ave Win User

Emoji Colors not showing in some apps

You can try using the emoji keyboard shortcut to insert colored emoji in using Word 2010 or other note applications. Just press the
    Windows key + ; to open the emoji keyboard. If you're going to use the usual command, it will show black icons since it's not supported on Word 2010. Regarding your other application, you can contact the developer's support
    site to assist you.

Marie Ave, Dec 20, 2017
  3. JDDorn Win User
    Permanently Enable Virtual Touch Keyboard in Desktop Mode

That is not a mistype. I am looking for a way to to Permanently Enable the Windows 10 Touch Keyboard while in Desktop mode.

I am well aware of the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK). However the OSK does not have more modern functionally, such as quick Emoji (special character) access.

What I want is a way to keep the Touch Keyboard active on-screen while still using my physical keyboard. By default the Touch Keyboard automatically hides whenever a key on a physical keyboard is pressed.

Running TabTip.exe directly does not help. Using Autohotkey scripting to relaunch TabTip returns the Keyboard to the normal alphabet keyboard and off the Emoji/Special-characters selection.

Is there a hidden setting or preference file that can be changed to alter or disable the "Auto-Hide" behavior of the Touch Keyboard.

JDDorn, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

Yes, the Windows Key + Period does bring up the emoji shortcut. The catch if you have to be in an application that supports it. Like Word, Outlook, or Notepad.

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 21, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    They work here.

(Didn't know you could change the skin tone on some emoji's!) *Shock

Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 21, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Are you using Insider Edwin? It is one of new features in new New Insider builds.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard?

1. Shortcut to emojis on physical keyboard? - Similar Threads - Shortcut emojis physical

2. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  3. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  4. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Emoji Keyboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Emoji Keyboard: How do you clear the emoji keyboardWin Key + period history? It is a keyboard logger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emoji-keyboard/2aa526d1-63a3-45cf-8742-2e60fa48201b
  6. Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Custom Emojis to the Emoji Keyboard: I want to add custom emojis to the Emoji menu windows key + ., but I can't find the option.I have a feeling that there is no option, but I'm going to try asking anyway.So how do I do it?...
  7. Physical AZERTY Keyboard

Physical AZERTY Keyboard: Hello, I want to buy the new unreleased Microsoft Surface Laptop Go but I want it in AZERTY Keyboard. Please reply if the Microsoft Surface Laptop Go i5, 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSID is available in AZERTY Keyboard in the US. Thank You...
  8. Windowskey + . (emoji) shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windowskey + . (emoji) shortcut: If i push this shortcut it opens the emoji window but then it closes when i release the keys... Is this normal? why doesn't it stay open so i can search an emoji? submitted by /u/x3nius [link] [comments]...
  9. Emoji Keyboard Crashes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Emoji Keyboard Crashes.: I was using the emoji keyboard (the one accessed by pressing Win + .) and then it crashed. This made the "Win + ." shortcut unusable, but worse, it didn't allow Paint 3D to recognise my keyboard. I know I can just restart my computer to fix it, but it's getting annoying. Is...
  10. Emoji keyboard no longer appears

Emoji keyboard no longer appears: Windows 10 starts differently every day, a problem it has had since the beginning. Many of those examples are recorded here. The latest: how do you get the emoji selection? Yesterday it was the Windows key and the full stop (period). This combination no longer works. What has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. emojis on physical windows keyboard

2. shift shortcut for emojis using physical keyboard