Windows 10: Shortcut to Excel

Discus and support Shortcut to Excel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, in Windows 10, am unable to create desktop shortcuts to Excel, Word, etc. without first clicking the Office Icon. (I subscribe to Office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KCFY, Dec 11, 2019.

1. KCFY Win User

Shortcut to Excel

Hi, in Windows 10, am unable to create desktop shortcuts to Excel, Word, etc. without first clicking the Office Icon. (I subscribe to Office 365 Personal.) Prior to a reinstallation of Windows, I was able to. Can anyone advise how to create those direct links? Thank.

:)

2. Decktop Shortcuts to Excel files don't work since Windows update

Hi,

An outdated Office program is one of the possible reasons why you’re unable to open desktop shortcut Excel files. Since you’ve updated your Windows operating system, we suggest that you install an Office update as well. This is for us to further isolate
    the concern. To do so, open Word > File >
    Account
    > under Product information > choose Update Options >
    Update Now. Once the update is finished, check if the issue persists.

In the event that it doesn’t work, we recommend setting up Excel as your default program on your computer. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click the desktop shortcuts Excel files, then select Properties
    • In the Opens with section, click Change and choose
      Excel 2013
      . Once it’s done, check if the issue was resolved.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Dec 11, 2019
  4. terrace Win User

Shortcut to Excel

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut to Excel :)

terrace, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut to Excel

1. Shortcut to Excel - Similar Threads - Shortcut Excel

2. Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel?: Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-right-alt-key-is-giving-an-mark-when-i-try/821f0074-d8e1-43eb-86e8-a46bc0fce47d
  3. Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel?: Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-right-alt-key-is-giving-an-mark-when-i-try/821f0074-d8e1-43eb-86e8-a46bc0fce47d
  4. When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...

When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...: When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the following message. "Windows is searching for Annual Meeting Template. To locate the file yourself, click the browse" and when the user searches for the file that way, it does not lead them...
  5. When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...: When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the following message. "Windows is searching for Annual Meeting Template. To locate the file yourself, click the browse" and when the user searches for the file that way, it does not lead them...
  6. When trying to open an excel spreadsheet .xls from a desktop shortcut, my user gets the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Excel shortcut commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel shortcut commands: I have a shortcut to start a new Excel file from a template. How can I make the shortcut start a new file in a specific location and saved it with a new name with the format FILENAME TODAY'SDATE. xls?...
  8. Excel shortcut commands

Excel shortcut commands: I have a shortcut to start a new Excel file from a template. How can I make the shortcut start a new file in a specific location and saved it with a new name with the format FILENAME TODAY'SDATE. xls?...
  9. My left ctrl key doesn't work for CTRL + C / V, highlighting text or chrome / excel shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left ctrl key doesn't work for CTRL + C / V, highlighting text or chrome / excel shortcuts: As title states, my left ctrl key only works for turning on Fn lock and jumping to the beginning of text. I can;t hghlight anything or use it to do shortcuts in excel or chrome, including Copy paste ctrl + c / vI've tried uninstalling the keyboards and restarting but it...
  10. My left ctrl key doesn't work for CTRL + C / V, highlighting text or chrome / excel shortcuts

My left ctrl key doesn't work for CTRL + C / V, highlighting text or chrome / excel shortcuts: As title states, my left ctrl key only works for turning on Fn lock and jumping to the beginning of text. I can;t hghlight anything or use it to do shortcuts in excel or chrome, including Copy paste ctrl + c / vI've tried uninstalling the keyboards and restarting but it...