Windows 10: shortcut to folder that works in powershell

Discus and support shortcut to folder that works in powershell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GO_, Jun 23, 2022.

1. GO_
    GO_ Win User

shortcut to folder that works in powershell

Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a way to have a shortcut that allows me to enter "cd ./projects/", or something similar, and end up where I want to be.I have tried normal shortcuts, but when I run these they open file explorer instead of just changing directory in powershell itself.Thank you in advance,GO_

:)

2. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Jun 23, 2022
  3. oemSoft Win User
    How to add shortcut into start?

Can you read their instruction? that is not clear at all.

Under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it only shows Folders : Maintnance, Windows Powershell, Windows System, Windows System Tools ... Start up.
    There is no a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. I cannot follow their instruction, if you understand, could you please show your steps?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

"Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. In this example, we want to add all the new shortcuts into a subfolder called Settings, so right-click any empty space in the File Explorer window, click New
    > Folder, name that folder Settings, and open the newly created, empty folder.

The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut.

Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add. All your custom shortcuts should appear in the Programs list, where they're one right-click away from being pinned as a tile."

oemSoft, Jun 23, 2022
  4. rdwray Win User

PowerShell shortcut not working.

Thanks Matthew Wai, that works *Smile

rdwray, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. shortcut to folder that works in powershell - Similar Threads - shortcut folder works

2. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  3. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  4. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut to folder that works in powershell: Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a...
  5. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to folder that works in powershell: Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a...
  6. Shortcut to local folder not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to local folder not working correctly: I have a SAN drive on my local network, and have it mapped as "X:" I have mapped my Documents and Downloads folders to that drive. Works great. When I click on Downloads in File Explorer it takes me to the folder on the SAN.BUT, I also have a Downloads folder on my local C:...
  7. PowerShell shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell shortcut not working.: Shortcut: Code: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -WindowStyle Hidden "& ""D:\Backup\Common\App_Launcher\System_2\EmptyRecycleBin.ps1""" If this code is run inside Powershell.ise, it works, but not with the shortcut: Code: $title = 'Empty Recycle Bin'...
  8. PowerShell: How to get keyboard shortcuts working?

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell: How to get keyboard shortcuts working?: I lately switched to PowerShell as my CLI and like it. What I don't understand, though, is, why not all keyboard shortcuts work as one would expect. E.g. if I open the upper-left corner menu and navigate to Edit => Find I see a "Ctrl-F" at the right side of the menu entry....
  9. Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive: Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to shortcut to other folders within these folders. I hope I am not confusing here, But this worked very well for me on windows...
  10. "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk)

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk): Buenas tardes, Tengo instalado Windows 10 versión 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) En un Surface laptop ---- Quiera saber donde localizar el PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk) que se ejecuta al entrar la combinación de teclas "Win + R" y escribir "powershell". La razón es que "jugando" con...