Windows 10: Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

Discus and support Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 7 I used to have a Documents folder shortcut on my taskbar. I could just click that shortcut and bingo, I was inside my opened Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DJY100, Jan 12, 2020.

1. DJY100 Win User

Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

On Windows 7 I used to have a Documents folder shortcut on my taskbar. I could just click that shortcut and bingo, I was inside my opened Documents folder where all my work is--not uncommon for users, I bet.
    On Windows 10 I haven't yet found a shortcut to the Documents folder contents that only requires one click. Instead I end up in Quick Access and then I have to click open the Documents folder. Two-click access to get to my work. Almost always. UGH.
    I've looked for a Windows keyboard shortcut to do this and haven't found one.
    How can I get one-click access to INSIDE my Documents folder? On my taskbar preferably to bring my computer back to its user efficiency before Windows 10.

:)

DJY100, Jan 12, 2020

2. Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

Ok yea, just use a shortcut. Right click the folder you want to show in documents and select "create shortcut" and move that shortcut to the documents folder.

If you copy folders to documents, the entire folder contents is copied, use shortcuts instead so you dont use up hard drive space having duplicate folders in 2 separate places.

DeathtoGnomes, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

Folder Template with shortcut to folder inside folder.

I showed you the principle of a method that will do what you wish. To apply it to any folder structure you need to understand how it works.

• In my shortcut I defined the "Start in" folder as %CD%. This means that the shortcut must use the
      current folder as its base. In my example this was C:\Templates\Template1\TestA.
    • For the shortcut I used this command line:

explorer.exe ..\TestB\Target

What exactly does this do? Here is the explanation:

1. "..\" tells Explorer to step on up in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA -> C:\Templates\Template1

2. "TestB" tells Explorer to steop one down in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1 -> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

3. "Target" tells Explorer to open the file or folder "Target".
    Applying this knowledge, you could create a shortcut that makes Explorer step up two folders:

Explorer.exe ..\..\Template2\TestB\Target

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA

-> C:\Templates\Template1

-> C:\Templates

-> C:\Templates\Template2

-> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

-> Open "Target"

Armed with this knowledge you can now fix your shortcut yourself.

Frederik Long, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

1. Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar - Similar Threads - Shortcut inside Documents

2. Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?: My Documents folder resides on OneDrive and locally on drive G: OneDrive. Why is there a shortcut to the OneDrive folder inside my Documents folder? Is this just some remaining debris after I removed OneDrive from my PC and then reloaded it everything is working fine now.....
  3. Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does there need to be a shortcut to OneDrive inside the Documents folder?: My Documents folder resides on OneDrive and locally on drive G: OneDrive. Why is there a shortcut to the OneDrive folder inside my Documents folder? Is this just some remaining debris after I removed OneDrive from my PC and then reloaded it everything is working fine now.....
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  6. Documents folder inside Documents folder

7. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  8. Documents folder and contents completely missing

Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  9. Ive managed to put the documents folder inside the documents folder

Ive managed to put the documents folder inside the documents folder: Ive put the documents in the documentsnow any game that has settings in the documents cant find the settings and the settings have reseti can still access the files but any software that needs them canti dont know how i did this...
  10. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...