Windows 10: Shortcut to local folder not working correctly

Discus and support Shortcut to local folder not working correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a SAN drive on my local network, and have it mapped as "X:" I have mapped my Documents and Downloads folders to that drive. Works great. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BobM-Reston, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Shortcut to local folder not working correctly

I have a SAN drive on my local network, and have it mapped as "X:" I have mapped my Documents and Downloads folders to that drive. Works great. When I click on Downloads in File Explorer it takes me to the folder on the SAN.BUT, I also have a Downloads folder on my local C: drive, created by Windows during the install. If I try to create a shortcut to that folder on my desktop, Windows immediately remaps the shortcut to point to "X:". NO, that's not what I told it to do. I've gone into Properties for the shortcut, manually changed the target to Downloads on the C: drive, and Windows changes i

:)

BobM-Reston, Feb 15, 2022
  2. tcebob Win User

Shortcut to xlsm file not working correctly

Shortcut to local folder not working correctly [​IMG]

Shortcut to local folder not working correctly [​IMG]

Here are my defaults. I'll follow your suggestions and get back later.

tcebob, Feb 15, 2022
  3. Sharing folder in local machine with everyone, but it still doesn't works correctly

Hi Moozy,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to Shared Folders troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Shared Folders.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Shortcut to local folder not working correctly

Win 10 - Shortcuts in Start Menu folder not appearing in menu or Search Results

Hi Michel,

The error that you encounter seems to be caused by a background process that's not working correctly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting the error when searching for the shortcut or when opening the sub folder on the Start Menu?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Shortcut to local folder not working correctly

1. Shortcut to local folder not working correctly - Similar Threads - Shortcut local folder

2. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  3. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  4. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut to folder that works in powershell: Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a...
  5. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to folder that works in powershell: Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a...
  6. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

7. Shortcut to local folder not working correctly

Shortcut to local folder not working correctly: I have a SAN drive on my local network, and have it mapped as "X:" I have mapped my Documents and Downloads folders to that drive. Works great. When I click on Downloads in File Explorer it takes me to the folder on the SAN.BUT, I also have a Downloads folder on my local C:...
  8. Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive: Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to shortcut to other folders within these folders. I hope I am not confusing here, But this worked very well for me on windows...
  9. Shortcut to xlsm file not working correctly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Shortcut to xlsm file not working correctly: I have a shortcut to an Excel xlsm file which used to open it in Excel directly. Excel is the default for this extension. Recently the system pops up a verification window, which is a nuisance. Using Office 16, 3/07/19. Here's the shortcut: [img] And here's the response:...
  10. Keyboard shortcut not working correctly. Help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard shortcut not working correctly. Help?: On past Windows computers I have frequently used Alt + F4 to close my current activity. That shortcut is still shown in the list of keyboard shortcuts, but when I use it rather than closing anything it just shows the volume slider bar. Help?...