Windows 10: Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded?

Discus and support Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is it possible to create a shortcut to Open Device Manager with the Ports branch expanded? 64849 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nigelmercier, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded?

Is it possible to create a shortcut to Open Device Manager with the Ports branch expanded?

:)

nigelmercier, Sep 24, 2016
  2. Seikojin Win User

usb headphones will not work after installing windows 10

@Ashyr,

If you haven't figured it out on the power issue, every usb port is part of a usb hub. Each hub is usually connected to 2 usb ports. The hub provides a fixed amount of power to the ports. So if you have multiple powered devices connected to the ports
    on a single hub, it may not have enough power to give those devices their juice. Like a laser mouse and the headphones on ports sharing the same hub.

Some cheap devices put 4 ports to a single hub.

You can see which devices are on what hub by hitting the start/windows button, type Device Manager, hit enter, click view > Devices by Connection.

From there you may have to collapse a bunch of 'branches' by clicking on the little v to make it a >. Clicking again expands that branch and exposes all the sub branches and resource/items on it.

In windows 10, everything USB related will connected under the ACPI x64/x86-Based PC item. In my case it looks something like this:

ACPI x64-Based PC > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System > PCI Express Root Complex > Intel (R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - XXXX (where XXXX = unique addressing string). Each > indicating a branch deeper/indented further.

Under a controller will be a USB Root Hub. If it has any connected devices, it will have a > to click on. Otherwise it will have nothing to expand with.

Each Address on the controller is a Hub.

Now with all that said, if you have two things like a laser mouse and a usb powered headset on the same hub, it may be too much voltage and amperage draw for the hub to supply to both at all times. Best idea would be to plug the headset into a different
    port and see if it works.

Seikojin, Sep 24, 2016
  3. New to all this and need help!!

Hi,

Try this: Open Nokia Connection Manager (Manage connections)> select Serial Cable > Configure and select the correct COM port

(If you can not find correct COM port, open Windows Device Manager and check Ports from there)

miksu---01, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded?

I guess that's a No then *Sad

nigelmercier, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded?

1. Shortcut to Open Device Manager with Ports Branch Expanded? - Similar Threads - Shortcut Open Device

2. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  3. shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut to open 'manage sound devices' in settings?: Just trying to easily mute and unmute the microphone that is built into the laptop. I couldnt find the any ms-settings: that corresponds to the 'manage devices' page in settings....
  4. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  5. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  6. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to open "Device Manager Shortcuts" - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open "Device Manager Shortcuts" - Windows 10: Hello all So, this is frustrating the garbage out of me. I have not updated nor have I installed any programs since and now when I try to open device manager from the WIN+X shortcut it displays this error Have tried the following: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism...
  8. KB shortcut to Device Manager not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    KB shortcut to Device Manager not working?: For decades I've use Win + Break to get straight to the Device Manager. But suddenly that's opening All Settings, which then requires a couple of extra clicks. Are other seeing this change please? 176331
  9. Device Manager shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager shortcut: hello*Smile How to add Device Manager to the right click of this pc and start menu? windows 10 v20H2 168118
  10. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager and expand ports

2. get device manager to open not expanded