Windows 10: Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?

Discus and support Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, i want to create a shortcut in the "Send to.." folder/menu which will copy selected data to my Android 8.1.0 mobile phone (connected to PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lelantos, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Lelantos Win User

Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?

Dear all,

i want to create a shortcut in the "Send to.." folder/menu which will copy selected data to my Android 8.1.0 mobile phone (connected to PC via USB wire). So the logic of the path is: Phone -> SD memory card -> Folder_name.

When i right-click on the destination folder there's no option to create a shortcut. OK, not a big deal - i decided to create it myself and the address i've taken from the Properties of this folder. The address is: This computer\ASUS Zenfone 3\16Gb\_MP3 where ASUS Zenfone is the mobile phone name, 16Gb is the SD card's name and _MP3 is the destination folder on SD card.

However, when i paste this address to the shortcut i get the message "File "This" is not found", which makes me think that the name of the computer should be possibly written in another format rather than just This computer.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

:)

Lelantos, Dec 20, 2019
  2. MYKhashba Win User

Is there a way to create a folder shortcut?

Hi oofie

As i know that is not possible to do a shortcut to a folder but you can do the following:

- make shortcut to important applications to your standby

- move the "apps folder " you created to the middle of the phone Menu so it will be just 2 steps to get in it

I hope that helps , and please let me know Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create? :)

MYKhashba, Dec 20, 2019
  3. oofie Win User
    Is there a way to create a folder shortcut?

I just got an E5 and it's my first "smartphone". I was wondering if there was a way to create shortcut of a folder on the active standby screen? I created an 'apps folder' and it has all the apps I usually use, but I want the folder to be a shortcut on the
    active standby mode so I don't have to go to menu everytime. Is this possible?

oofie, Dec 20, 2019
  4. RonZajac Win User

"Create Shortcut" to a folder on a USB drive not working

Figured it out, and I have to admit it's (more than) a little embarrassing.

It turns out the generated shortcuts were being deposited elsewhere in the explorer folder window, out of sight.

The folder contents are sorted by Name, alphabetically, but with node type as a primary key, with folders at the top, using the List view. I have hundreds of folders in this folders, so I'm instigating this creation of a shortcut *of* a folder among a sea
    of folders in my list.

What was happening is that the Shortcut *was* being created, but deposited for viewing among the files, out of my sight. I accidentally tripped over scads of created shortcuts when I was scrolling along!

Since I normally create shortcuts of files (not folders), the new shortcut is usually deposited right alongside the target file. I expected this behavior when creating a shortcut for a folder, but it was a mistaken expectation.

Problem "solved"; a dumb User error fixed by a slightly smarter User.

Sorry for the red herring.

RonZajac, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create? - Similar Threads - Shortcut folder external

2. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  3. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  4. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  5. Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a *easy* way to create a Desktop Shortcut in Edge?: Hi folks - Try as I might, I cannot find an extension enabling me to create a quick webpage desktop shortcut in Edge. You would think that Microsoft would have thought of a simple solution to accomplish this. Any ideas? TIA *Rolleyes 174741
  6. External HDD folders only show in the device they were created in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD folders only show in the device they were created in: I had a old HDD knocking about so I thought I’d stick it in a USB caddy and back data up to it. So I formatted the HDD and added some files from my main PC to it. I also did the same with some folders I had on the laptop. I’ve been running some VM on both the machines so I...
  7. Way to create shortcut for specific settings page?

Way to create shortcut for specific settings page?: For example, I want to create a shortcut to the "Rearrange your displays" setting since I need to switch between my primary monitor if I am playing a game or something. Is there any way to make a shortcut instead of having to keep manually pulling this up? submitted by...
  8. Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut to paste text?

Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut to paste text?: Hi guys! I'm working on a project which involves a lot of typing. There's a word which is a struggle to type but that is common in this document. As I understand it keyboard shortcuts are generally used to open apps or programs but is there a way to set a shortcut (for...
  9. Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to the folder on the external device - no way to create?: I want to create a shortcut in the "Send to.." folder/menu to copy selected data to the certain folder of my Android 8.1.0 mobile phone connected to PC via USB wire. So the logic of the path is: Phone -> SD memory card -> Folder_name. When i right-clicked on the destination...
  10. Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to remove the create new desktop shortcut: Hi, When gaming i sometimes fat finger and press ctrl + win + d at the same time and it creates a new desktop is there anyway to change / remove this shortcut thanks...