Windows 10: Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around

Discus and support Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a new Displayport monitor (I have a dual monitor setup) and suddenly, the shortcut "Windows key + arrows" controls brightness instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gonzalohernandez muñoz, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around

Hello,

I bought a new Displayport monitor (I have a dual monitor setup) and suddenly, the shortcut "Windows key + arrows" controls brightness instead of moving windows around. I disabled DDC/CI support but I'm still able to change the brightness from windows.

Another problem is that when I change the brightness in windows, both screens get really dark and no matter if I put it back to the same brightness level they are still dark.

What I want is to control the brightness from my monitor itself and to get back the "normal shortcut".

New monitor is a 144 Hz monitor (HP 25 MX, DisplayPort), old one is a Samsung (HDMI). Graphics card is AMD Radeon R9 280x. This didn't happen with my old VGA monitor

:)

gonzalohernandez muñoz, Dec 5, 2019
  2. tigger Win User
    tigger, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

And here's how to Remove "Shortcut" Text From New Shortcuts

Open up regedit, and then browse down to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

On the right-hand side you’ll find a key that is just called “link”, with a default value of 1e 00 00 00. Open this key up and change the 1e to 00 instead, leaving you with 00 00 00 00.

You’ll have to log off and then back on to make this change take effect. Please note that this won’t affect existing shortcuts, only shortcuts that you create from now on.

Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around [​IMG]

Drone, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Bladesman Win User

Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around

Shortcut for maximising from snapped window

Hi all,

I've recently updated to W10, and am hoping I'm missing a shortcut for maximising snapped windows.

I'm the sort of person that likes to minimise mouse use. I'm used to snapping windows to the left or right using the shortcut "Start + Left/Right Arrow". I can still use this, and I generally like the Snap Assist functionality that now comes with it.

However, I am currently finding it quite annoying to use keyboard shortcuts to get out of this view (i.e. when you have 1 screen snapped left and 1 screen snapped right). The only shortcut I can find for maximising a screen is "Start + Up Arrow", however this will instead snap it to the top quadrant (on its respective side), and snap assist will ask you what you want to snap to the bottom quadrant. From what I can see, you then have to Esc out of this and then try "Start + Up Arrow" again.

Is there not a keyboard shortcut to maximise directly from a snapped window? It's currently taking 3 keyboard shortcuts, which is sort of a paradox.

It sounds fairly basic, but it's quite annoying when you are regularly snapping windows to left/right, and something I could do easily on W7.

For completeness, steps to reproduce:

1. Have several windows open in W10, (min. 3). Also, have snap assist turned on in settings
    2. "Start + Left Arrow" to snap active screen to left. Snap assist should appear on right
    3. Use Arrow Keys and Enter to select a window to snap to right
    Imagine working on these screens for a bit
    4. Now try to maximise a window, use shortcut "Start + Up Arrow" - doesn't work, screen will snap to top left/right
    5. Press Esc to exit Snap Assist
    6. Again try to maximise window, use shortcut "Start + Up Arrow"

If anyone could help me find a way to end the process at step 4, that would be lovely!

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Bladesman, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around

1. Shortcut "Windows key + arrows" no longer snap windows around - Similar Threads - Shortcut key arrows

2. snap using shortcut key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snap using shortcut key: by using shortcut key my snap not working partial pop up but not save but if open app then working . i update few mothth ago as update coming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-using-shortcut-key/d86a4edb-a033-46dc-b131-6ed8dff84873
  3. snap using shortcut key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snap using shortcut key: by using shortcut key my snap not working partial pop up but not save but if open app then working . i update few mothth ago as update coming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-using-shortcut-key/d86a4edb-a033-46dc-b131-6ed8dff84873
  4. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  5. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  6. Windows + arrow keys no longer moving my applications around on my 4K 43" monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows + arrow keys no longer moving my applications around on my 4K 43" monitor: Hi. Is this a known issue and if so, can we get a fix for this ASAP? Thanks in advance for your help, Tien https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-arrow-keys-no-longer-moving-my/8af3c909-b8d1-43dd-853e-a660d7eb70f3
  7. Creating shortcuts for the arrow keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating shortcuts for the arrow keys.: Hello dear friends. small query here hope somebody has the answer to it . Actually i want to create a shortcut for the arrow keys present in the keyboard. with somewhat of googling i really found nothing . Is it even possible to to create a shortcut key for a key. like...
  8. Disabling Windows key + arrow keys shortcut without just disabling Windows key?

Disabling Windows key + arrow keys shortcut without just disabling Windows key?: I built a new Windows machine last week after using a Mac for almost a decade, and one feature I really liked in macOS is its virtual desktop feature; swapping between panels quickly and easily is really nice when you're like me and desktop space is at a premium due to having...
  9. Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows

Have to double tap arrow keys to snap windows: Window snapping is not working correctly. Say I have two or more windows open and want to do a Win + arrow to snap a window to one half of the screen, I have to hit the arrow key twice. It doesn't matter to which side of the screen I'm trying to initially snap a window, or...
  10. keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts with the windows key snap assist: I am unable to snap on my windows 10 machine via the keyboard shortcut (windows key + arrow of the diection of snap) because everytime I hit the windows button it opens the start menu. How do I access all the keyboard shortcuts that start with the windows key if it always...