Windows 10: Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

Discus and support Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,I recently deleted this app and while I had the app on my device, I had a shortcut of it on my desktop. I deleted the app and I tried removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BalthasarTM, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

Hi there,I recently deleted this app and while I had the app on my device, I had a shortcut of it on my desktop. I deleted the app and I tried removing the shortcut but it won't be removed. It says this file is not found when I try deleting it. Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks - Neesh

:)

BalthasarTM, Sep 23, 2022

2. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Create Minecraft Shortcut application

I threw this application together quick because making Minecraft use more RAM is a PITA. Download, extract it, run it, and it will ask for everything it needs (generally, that would be the path to Minecraft and where you want the shortcut saved).

It auto-detects Java 32-bit and 64-bit and the amount of RAM installed and suggests Xmx and Xms values accordingly. It supports minecraft.jar, minecraft_server.jar, Minecraft.exe, and Minecraft_Server.exe.

Note: You can use it on any file to be launched by Java by using the "All Files" filter, not just Minecraft.

Once you got the shortcut, you can safely delete CreateMinecraftShortcut.exe--it is no longer needed.

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile (Windows only).

It uses ShellLink code by Mattias Sjogren (Copyright 2002).

Spoiler: Version History 1.0.0 - Console User Interface
    2.0.0 - Graphic User Interface
    2.0.1 - Corrected a bug with an icon that caused the program to crash on start on some operating systems (noticed it on Server 2003).

FordGT90Concept, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

1. Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application. - Similar Threads - Shortcut won't away

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.

Shortcut won't go away after deleting the application.: Hi there,I recently deleted this app and while I had the app on my device, I had a shortcut of it on my desktop. I deleted the app and I tried removing the shortcut but it won't be removed. It says this file is not found when I try deleting it. Any help would be much...
  5. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  6. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  7. BIOS won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS won't go away: Hey all! So I was using my computer like normal, editing some photos in Lightroom on Sunday. Then out of nowhere it shut down and went to what I found out was the American Megatrends BIOS screen. From here I just tried to exit but it didn't work. I tried restarting and...
  8. PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA won't go away: So since about last september I've been getting constant BSODS and they're mostly the same: PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Netwtw06.sys I have Win 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 720s. Here's everything I've done: 1. Update all my drivers 2/3. Ran a cfc and chkdsk scans I dont remember...
  9. Remix won't go away

Remix won't go away: I've created Albums and every time I want to view them, I get the Remix it for me box. I've tried making changes, saving to OneDrive, - that Remix box keeps coming back... (WIn 10 up to date)...
  10. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...