Windows 10: Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

Discus and support Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently updated my computer to the latest windows update. Since then, after opening any applications, mainly games, my shortcuts and modifier keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marco Citarella, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

I recently updated my computer to the latest windows update. Since then, after opening any applications, mainly games, my shortcuts and modifier keys stop working. The shortcuts I am talking about are Alt+Tab, Windows keys for local searching, Windows+R, Windows+I, Windows+Tab, etc. The only ones that do work are Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Windows+L. I have restarted my computer many times, troubleshooted my keyboard and software. There are no problems the computer can find. I searched through all my programs and their corresponding settings to make sure nothing is affecting my settings or devices.

:)

Marco Citarella, Aug 17, 2022
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Aug 17, 2022
  3. gulK Win User
    Modify Shortcuts

Is there any way to modify shortcuts on WM6 to add a program switch. ex. "sample.exe -d" with sample.exe being the program and -d being the switch.

Not sure if this is possible, but if there are any suggestions, please let me know.

4. gulK Win User

Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

Modify Shortcuts

i got a tip to try a program called Total Commander and it worked to modify the shortcut, but with the switch i tried, its supposed to run in a DOS like console window. At least thats what its desktop counterpart does. So unless i can find a way to emulate
    that, im outta luck on this one.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Thema:

Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

1. Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update - Similar Threads - Shortcuts modifier keys

2. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  3. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  4. Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update

Shortcuts and modifier keys not working properly since new update: I recently updated my computer to the latest windows update. Since then, after opening any applications, mainly games, my shortcuts and modifier keys stop working. The shortcuts I am talking about are Alt+Tab, Windows keys for local searching, Windows+R, Windows+I,...
  5. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  6. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  7. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

8. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  9. WIFI not working properly since Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not working properly since Windows update: My Samsung notebook has recently had a windows update and since then my previously strong WIFI signal is now incredibly poor. I can only connect to the WIFI when sat right next to the router, previously connection has been possible with a good signal all over the house....
  10. Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date Modified Sort Not Working Properly: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit about a week ago and noticed an issue where if I'm sorting a folder (specifically my Download folder) to have the most recent files at the top, new downloaded files will sometimes be put at the bottom. If I click the Date Modified...