Windows 10: Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...

Discus and support Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all I have a problem that has driven me crazy. When I create a shortcut for a specific file, be it an executable file or any files of sort,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muhammad Hajjar, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...

Hey all

I have a problem that has driven me crazy. When I create a shortcut for a specific file, be it an executable file or any files of sort, there's too much delay between pressing the associated hotkey and opening the file. Note when I press those shortcuts' icons files instantly run without any issue. Contrary when I run it via a hotkey, it takes 3 to 5 seconds to take effect and opens the shortcut. When this problem happens exactly? Yes, shortcuts do run very fine when I first run my computer, but this problem occurs exactly when I lock my computer for a few minutes. Yes, after I press windows +l to lock my computer, I go back to unlock it surprised that shortcuts no longer work as they should. The reason I know which is causing this is that there can be a frozen process that isn't responding to the explorer's messages of checking if the associated shortcut target does exist so it can take focus. So either that it's a certain process that's so sensitive of me locking my computer for some minutes, or that a certain process just runs while my computer is in its locked mode. What drives me confused is that I've tried ending each and every task, uninstalling each and every app and program that I doubt in, but no luck, still shortcuts take effect after an annoying delay. The temporary solution here is killing the Application Frame Host task, which will let shortcuts work back normally. Although the Application Frame Host isn't the reason, because (as you know) this task is responsible for running Windows 10 applications, and when this process runs again to hold apps, still shortcuts work fine. And to the daily routine of locking my computer after finishing the session, and when I go back to use my computer I unlock it and suddenly shortcuts are acting so weird, they take a ridiculous time to run their associated files. But this made me grab the string's tip by learning that the cause of this problem is a Windows 10 related process that acts like a jerk when I lock my computer for a few minutes.

So now my question is: how do I know which process is ignoring shortcuts' messages so I can hunt it down? Or is there another fix for that?

I'll so much appreciate your help, since my work does rely so much on shortcuts which is a usual thing for me.

Thanks in advance, and kind regards

:)

Muhammad Hajjar, Feb 25, 2019
  2. entropy13 Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

Use PTT then. You can only mute it manually. But pressing the PTT key (in my case the left CTRL) does the same, albeit in a different way i.e. you're muted until you press the hotkey, while what you want is you're not muted unless you press a hotkey. And is PTT that much of a hassle?

entropy13, Feb 25, 2019
  3. 1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Konky Win User

Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...

Pre 3 Beta 16 - hotkey

Sicce beta 16 i got hotkey problems (they are ignored regulary)
    When i click on properties and "update" to set the hotkey again, then atitool says that "komma" on the right keyboard element is pressed (komma auf zehnertastertur)

The whole problem can be solved by hitting komma a few times, and together with that i set the strg+F10 hotkey fresh again. then it works.

I can just say that komma was not pressed, and the keyboard is also fine. the bug is in software

Konky, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...

1. Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the... - Similar Threads - Shortcuts' hotkeys lot

2. hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotkeys: how to enable hotkeys in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotkeys/1eab513f-b71d-440e-b254-beea9635149e
  3. hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotkeys: how to enable hotkeys in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotkeys/1eab513f-b71d-440e-b254-beea9635149e
  4. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  5. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  6. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  7. Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hotkey: My keyboards F4 key is not working and The backlight of my keyboard turns on by pressing Fn+F4 key. Is there any way to turn on the backlight through cmd or any other software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotkey/abb4c8ad-3f81-49b1-9be7-873e3d0d135e
  8. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.: i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open. submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link] [comments]...
  9. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion: I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here. Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to loop though text suggestions insert the text suggestion...
  10. Hotkeys.

Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 143%2b305*70