Windows 10: Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

Discus and support Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here. Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to loop though text suggestions insert the text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NogtTL, Nov 6, 2019.

1. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

:)

NogtTL, Nov 6, 2019

2. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Assign hotkey to calculator

We're talking about how to simply get the same hotkey-related behaviour as is possible for any other application.

• So why is calculator different?
    • Why does it not have properties like all other shortcuts?
    • Why do we get a new instance when we *make* a shortcut to it and use its hotkey?
    • How the flipping crickey did this get past testing, as assigning a hotkey to calculator is a pretty sane thing to do for a power user.

/edit

And why can this forum not preserve text formatting?

Thanatica, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

1. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion - Similar Threads - Shortcuts hotkeys text

2. In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: make the choice between the suggested words by the "up arrow" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-enable-text-suggestions-in-windows-ive/cf37a763-b332-4047-82f9-a934f71e250a
  3. In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: In "Enable text suggestions in Windows", I've suggestion: make the choice between the suggested words by the "up arrow" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-enable-text-suggestions-in-windows-ive/cf37a763-b332-4047-82f9-a934f71e250a
  4. What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...

What is the shortcut key to enable and disable text suggestions when typing on the physical...: When I use some website for programming then the text suggestion come on top of keyword/function, which is annoying and going to settings just to change settings again and again does is not productive. I cannot locate shortcut, if there is none there should be, are there any...
  5. keyboard text suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard text suggestions: Is there any way I can reset the text prediction of the touch keyboard or hardware keyboard and delete the words that windows 10 has stored since I started using the pc? I tried disabling the "Show text suggestions as I type" and reenabling it but that didn't work I also...
  6. keyboard text suggestions

keyboard text suggestions: Is there any way I can reset the text prediction of the touch keyboard or hardware keyboard and delete the words that windows 10 has stored since I started using the pc? I tried disabling the "Show text suggestions as I type" and reenabling it but that didn't work I also...
  7. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  8. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help: I want to use a hotkey combo for my application shortcut. I put it to ctrl+alt+v and saved it, but then when I use the combo nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. :) submitted by /u/SolidIcecube [link] [comments]...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  10. Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard: I have some info assigned to hotkeys. When I enter into a form the string is also saved to the clipboard. How can I prevent this? 114471