Windows 10: Shortcuts icon problem

Discus and support Shortcuts icon problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As I was copying a file in my android device, all the shortcuts in Desktop had a little green round icon instead of the usual shortcut blue arrow, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlessioMarrella, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Shortcuts icon problem

As I was copying a file in my android device, all the shortcuts in Desktop had a little green round icon instead of the usual shortcut blue arrow, then I disconnected the device and the green round icons were replaced by the shared icon the one with 2 people, since that was extremely suspicious i immediately disconnected from internet and checked if my C, Desktop, Users, or Programs folders were shared but they weren't.I solved the problem by pressing F5, now my shortcuts have the blue arrow icon again but I wonder what happened, did this happen to someone else?

:)

AlessioMarrella, Dec 3, 2021

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Shortcuts icon problem

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Shortcuts icon problem

1. Shortcuts icon problem - Similar Threads - Shortcuts icon problem

2. Shortcuts icon problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcuts icon problem: As I was copying a file in my android device, all the shortcuts in Desktop had a little green round icon instead of the usual shortcut blue arrow, then I disconnected the device and the green round icons were replaced by the shared icon the one with 2 people, since that was...
  3. Shortcuts icon problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts icon problem: As I was copying a file in my android device, all the shortcuts in Desktop had a little green round icon instead of the usual shortcut blue arrow, then I disconnected the device and the green round icons were replaced by the shared icon the one with 2 people, since that was...
  4. Shortcuts icon problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Shortcut Icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcut Icon: I created a custom app icon in procreate and imported it onto my laptop. I converted it to an icon file and the resolution was exactly the same, but when I apply the icon to the short cut the quality is pixilated. When I make the icons smaller it makes it worse. What's...
  6. Problem with desktop icon shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with desktop icon shortcuts.: Hello, since a half year ago I have been experiencing a strange behavior with desktop shortcuts. It is not a big problem, because it does not interrupt me to use my computer as always, it is just a bit disturbing when I notice it and it makes me think that my storage is...
  7. Icon shortcuts.

Icon shortcuts.: Well, surprise surrise, Microsoft have done it again. They have removed the drop down option for putting shortcut icons on my desktop. WHT DID THEY DO THAT, I KNOW ,BECAUSE IT WORKED???? I have spent the best part of the morning trying to reinstate my icons on my desktop,...
  8. shortcut icon

shortcut icon: I created a new shortcut icon on my desk top for NOAA weather. The icon works fine, however I want to change the logo that you click on from google to NOAA. I have searched many different how to sites but am unable to do so. Do you have a suggestion? Thank you...
  9. Icons for shortcuts

Icons for shortcuts: Are there icons that can be used for shortcuts on the desktop in addition to the ones that come up when you change the icon under properties in Windows 10? Thanks, BillR_42...
  10. Shortcut icons on desktop re-draw problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons on desktop re-draw problem?: I have folders on my desktop (windows 10 1709) that contain shortcut icons to all my programs and games. after starting windows and opening a folder with these shortcuts, windows has to re-draw all the shortcuts, this happens in every folder and can take some time to...