Windows 10: shortcuts keep saying moved

Discus and support shortcuts keep saying moved in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting shortcuts being moved so I cannot open word documents if they haven't disappeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 7hippy9, Jan 5, 2020.

1. 7hippy9 Win User

shortcuts keep saying moved

I keep getting shortcuts being moved so I cannot open word documents if they haven't disappeared

:)

7hippy9, Jan 5, 2020

2. In Windows 10 taskbar shortcuts all say "the item you selected is unavailable it might have been moved"

All the taskbar items and shortcuts from the start menu are unable to complete their links.

The phrase "the item you selected is unavailable it might have been moved, renamed, or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list".

The items have not been moved, nor renamed, nor removed. The list does update with recent items, but I can never get the short cut to work. I have tried to delete these shortcuts, but the "delete" does not delete them.

Any suggestions?

Gavin

gavinpetersmith, Jan 5, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.shortcuts keep saying moved :)

terrace, Jan 5, 2020
  4. shortcuts keep saying moved

Is there any way to get the original icons to display again after the shortcuts are moved into a folder?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed, the view of files, folders, shortcuts etc. will be set to small icons by default, due to which you will not be able to see the shortcut's icon.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Click on View
      menu in the menu bar.

• Select either of these options
      medium, large or extra-large icons and you will be able to see the icon of the shortcut.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

shortcuts keep saying moved

1. shortcuts keep saying moved - Similar Threads - shortcuts keep saying

2. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  3. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  4. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move shortcut to taskbar: I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it...
  5. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move shortcut to taskbar: I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it...
  6. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Shortcut For Norton 360 Keeps Moving

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shortcut For Norton 360 Keeps Moving: I still use shortcuts on my start page as i find it easy to use them and know where they are. In the last couple of weeks my Norton 360 icon keeps moving on its own after closing down PC the same is happening on two machines one with explorer 11 the other new Edge. I replace...
  8. My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop: [ATTACH] So I always make a "This PC" shortcut on my desktop and I always put it as the first shortcut on my desktop - https://preview.redd.it/47onhgx8ykz41.png?width=190&format=png&auto=webp&s=f71a1a8947ec2206ceca4cbc6036906df59cba57 But whenever I refresh my PC or just...
  9. Windows 10 keeps moving my desktop This PC shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps moving my desktop This PC shortcut: Getting real tired of windows 10 already and its been 1 week. I have a This PC shortcut on my desktop and whenever i insert or remove a USB device which is quite often it moves from the top of its column to the bottom! It's not the auto arrange or align to the grid, i have...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173