Windows 10: Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

Discus and support Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BartolLazic, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

Hi,

I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating drivers, unchecking auto arrange icons, unplugging monitos but nothing worked..

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

:)

BartolLazic, Feb 5, 2021
  2. pizza.dan Win User

Change monitor 2 to monitor 1 and make it stay.

I did as you suggested, but the problem was not resolved. Windows detects the monitors just fine, but I need to switch monitor 2 to be numbered monitor 1. The main diplay has not effect, as once monitor 1 is turned on monitor two looses display.

pizza.dan, Feb 5, 2021
  3. TME65 Win User
    Shortcut to move to specific Monitor?

Hi,

I have 4 monitors on my computer, is there a shortcut (or program) to send a window to a specific monitor?

eg... I am working on Monitor 1 and want to send it to monitor 3 (without having to tap Windows+****+arrow to move it across all screens)

Basically is there a way to have hotkeys to specific monitors. eg. control 1 = monitor 1, control 2 = monitor 2 etc... ??

Thanks Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1 :)

TME65, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Swapna S Win User

Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

Desktop shortcuts appear on external monitor instead of pc

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in getting
    desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

This issue might occur due to default settings where you are not able to view the desktop shortcuts on the PC, you are looking for.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions for better assistance:

• Which edition of Windows are you working with?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

• Plug in the second monitor which physically sits to the left of your primary screen

• Right click the desktop, choose
      Graphic Options>Output To>Extended Desktop> Built-in display + Monitor.

• Extended desktop enabled, but screen 2 (on the left) can only be accessed by moving the cursor to the right.

• Right click the desktop and choose
      Graphic Properties - choose 'Multiple Displays' from the side menu.

• Move monitor 2 from its default
      'Right' side to the left – all the icons go with it
      to screen 2 but the taskbar stays on the primary monitor.

• Click 'Apply' to accept this (temporarily) - close the
      'properties' window.

• Right Click the desktop, but this time choose
      'Screen Resolution'. Ensure that screen 2 is to the left - if not, move it.

• Click on screen 1 and ensure it says
      'This is currently your main display'

• Click on screen 2 and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar should move to screen 2.

• Finally click on Screen 1 again and tick the box that says
      'Make this my main display' - the taskbar and
      all the icons should move back to screen 1.
    I would like to Inform/suggest, Press the
    Windows key + P, and then choose a way to project:

• PC screen only
      – All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on primary monitor/Desktop.

• Duplicate- Desktop Shortcuts that is on primary monitor/Desktop will replicate on Secondary monitor too.

• Extend- Primary monitor will be extended to Secondary monitor. But all the desktop shortcuts will appear only on primary monitor. (If you want to have the desktop
      shortcuts that’s on primary monitor on secondary monitor, you can just drag the shortcuts from primary to secondary monitor and check if that helps).

• Second screen only- All your desktop shortcuts will be seen only on Secondary monitor/Desktop.
    Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in getting desktop shortcuts on your PC from External monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1

1. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not staying on monitor 1 - Similar Threads - Shortcuts moving monitor

2. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  3. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  4. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  5. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor 1/2: Why is my first monitor showing up as monitor 1/2 while me second shows up as 3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-12/da4f197f-5930-4f7b-a348-e679c7f56be6
  6. Monitor 1/2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not 1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts moving to monitor 2 and not 1: Hi, I have a problem in which whenever I turn my PC on my shortcuts move to monitor 2 and do not stay on monitor 1 which is my main. I tried updating drivers, unchecking auto arrange icons, unplugging monitos but nothing worked.. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks...
  8. want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2

want monitor 2 to stay and not change while monitor 1 can switch between 1 and 2: I use monitor 2 as a customer facing monitor for teaching, I want my desktop on monitor 1. Because I cant see monitor 2, I would like to be able to see a mirror of it on monitor 1 without swapping 1 and 2. i do not want the customer facing monitor 2 to show my desk top....
  9. Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows seeing 2 monitors as 1 monitor.: Hi there, When I started my PC today Windows spread the screen you would normally see on 1 monitor onto 2 monitors. This caused me to have a wide screen. This looks really weird. Is there a way to fix this problem so I see 1 monitor screen on one monitor instead of 2...
  10. Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1

Setting monitor 2 as monitor 1: Hello, I've recently got a two monitor setup on my Windows 10. I want to set my main monitor 144hz as monitor 1. Currently it is displayed as monitor 2. Is there a way to switch these monitors? I've set my 144hz monitor as my main display in the display settings....