Windows 10: Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

Discus and support Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently changed to windows from mac os and I am having a nightmare of a time. Selecting non-adjacent text and pasting plain text are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngiTowne, Feb 28, 2020.

1. AngiTowne Win User

Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

I have recently changed to windows from mac os and I am having a nightmare of a time.

Selecting non-adjacent text and pasting plain text are IMPARATIVE to my work. The fact that none of the shortcuts are working is adding SO MUCH time to my workflow it's disgusting.

For Selecting non-adjacent text this works for everyone EXCEPT for me.

1. Select the first item that you want. For example, select some text.
    2. Press and hold CTRL.
    3. Select the next item that you want.

When I do the above, it just unselects the original selection rather than adding to it.

---

On to plain text... What looks like THIS in Notepad

Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v 7d8ed50a-3f2f-4c88-bc24-b68277037583?upload=true.jpg

Pastes like this where I need it to be plain as above.

Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v f9ddc31a-9e67-4595-a275-c8971d69ce3e?upload=true.jpg

Is there some hidden setting someplace that I am missing?! Am I doomed to HATE this OS forever because it adds hours to my workload???

:)

AngiTowne, Feb 28, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V) doesn't work

*Original Title: keyboard shortcuts

I just want to know how I can get Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v to work again.

Currently if I have multiple tabs in Edge, pressing Ctrl just switches to the next app.

I just want to know how I can get Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v to work again.

matt_001_001, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

Ctrl+Alt+Del lag?

All of a sudden, nothing has changed, but when I use the Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut, my mouse cursor disappears and it after 2 or 3 seconds screen goes black and then after another 2-3 seconds the blue screen with the options like log out, task manager etc appears.

If I hit Task manager, same thing happens. It takes like 5 seconds for it to pop up and there is a periodic black screen in the middle of the operation.

What could be causing this?

Edit: if I hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Task manager shortcut), it's instant.

So it's something to do with that blue screen. It never did it before.. should I be worried?

MLG The Canadian, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

1. Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v - Similar Threads - Shortcuts working CTRL+LMB

2. Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now: I've had the same issue in Windows 10. Could not find any solution although I tried lots of suggestions found on the internet. Upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad to Windows 11 and problem solved.Now a month later, at once, the same problem. All shortcuts with CTRL-button do not work....
  3. Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl A / C / V / Ctrl-Alt-Delete not working since now: I've had the same issue in Windows 10. Could not find any solution although I tried lots of suggestions found on the internet. Upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad to Windows 11 and problem solved.Now a month later, at once, the same problem. All shortcuts with CTRL-button do not work....
  4. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  5. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  6. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.: Alright, so. My I can't copy things using CTRL + C and I can't paste things with CTRL + V. I do not have Microsoft word or any Office program on my PC. My keyboard is the HyperX Alloys Core RGB. I have tried resetting my keyboard FN + ESC for HyperX Alloys Core RGB . I have...
  8. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  9. Shortcut ctrl + v is not working

Shortcut ctrl + v is not working: Hi, when I copy something and paste it, it pastes it twice. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-ctrl-v-is-not-working/a8b37e04-64e7-480e-96d5-6f0e88c9948e
  10. ctrl + c ctrl + v not working

in Windows 10 Support
    ctrl + c ctrl + v not working: Some time ago ctrl c and v stopped working. I've exhausted most searches for a solution and tried everything I saw with no luck. Can anyone here help? 177975

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ctrl lmb