Windows 10: Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option.

Discus and support Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1. When I Double Click the Shortcuts on My Desktop Noting happen. 2. When I Right Click Anywhere, There is no NEW option from the Dialogue Box/Popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [LicksRamani], Mar 16, 2021.

1. Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option.

1. When I Double Click the Shortcuts on My Desktop Noting happen.

2. When I Right Click Anywhere, There is no NEW option from the Dialogue Box/Popup Menu.

My Question....

A. What has Caused these Malfunctioning of the System?

B. How can I Fix it?

:)

[LicksRamani], Mar 16, 2021

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Shortcut options

Hi David,

To be able to get the advanced Properties for your desktop shortcut, you'll need to get the location of your browser.

You just need to copy the Target address found at the Shortcut tab that can be found on the screenshot Monica has provided you.

After that, you can follow these steps to create a desktop shortcut:

• Right-click on a blank space from the Desktop, click
      New
      , then select Shortcut.
    • Paste the address you've copied from the browser's properties, enter a single space, then type in the website you want to exactly open from the shortcut.
      ie. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://www.cbc.ca/listen/live/radio1/vancouver
    • Click the Apply button, then OK.
    • Open the properties of the newly created desktop shortcut, then go to the Shortcut
      tab to follow the steps Monica has provided you.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Shane Win User

Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option.

Shane, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option.

1. Shortcuts Not Working/When Right Click no NEW option. - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Working Right

2. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  3. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  4. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  5. right click options don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click options don't work: In all Microsoft programs the right click works sporadically. Right click to: Copy/Paste Rename Create folder/directory This happens within Word, Excel, etc. Many times, in an application - Windows and others - I must hit ESC several times to have the right click reset....
  6. Explorer new folder right click option

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer new folder right click option: I think it is since 20H2, but while I have the option on the desktop and via CTR-SHFT-N, it has gorn from the explorer menu. Tried all the reg stuff and no joy.?? 172385
  7. Right-click New Folder not working; Creates a Shortcut instead in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Right-click New Folder not working; Creates a Shortcut instead in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The easiest way to create a new folder, document, or text file is to […] This article Right-click New Folder not working; Creates a Shortcut instead in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Help with new HP probook right click shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with new HP probook right click shortcut: Hi all I got a HP probook from work to replace an old model. I do a LOT of my work in office, specifically excel and word and heavily rely on old trustworthy shift+f10 for my right click menu keyboard shortcut. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work on...
  9. No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop: The title pretty much sums up the problem. When I right click on my desktop and select 'New' the only option is to create a new folder and there is no longer an option to create a shortcut. Also if I create the shortcut elsewhere and move it to the Desktop the shortcut...
  10. No shortcut option on right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No shortcut option on right click desktop: Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a folder, no shortcut. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks 15032