Windows 10: shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need

Discus and support shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been VERY frustrated of resent due to change that Microsoft has made on my home computer!! My shortcuts I use daily are no longer there but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JanetChapman2, Apr 19, 2019.

1. shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need

I have been VERY frustrated of resent due to change that Microsoft has made on my home computer!! My shortcuts I use daily are no longer there but stuff I do not need are there now in their place????

:)

JanetChapman2, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 19, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    I can't make shortcuts for some things

Just want to cover a base or 2...…….
    1. What are those ( a few things ) ? Would you list a coupe of them ?
    2. What method/steps did you use to try to create desktop shortcuts ?

davidhk, Apr 19, 2019
  4. terrace Win User

shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need :)

terrace, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need

1. shortcuts of mine have been removed and replaced with things I do not need - Similar Threads - shortcuts mine been

2. how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?: if you click on the wifi sound and battery that menu will pop-up. i want to get rid of that spotify control centre. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-thing-right-of-the-taskbar/2b0454e6-5896-46dd-bb77-cb5ccb0e67db
  3. So I did a thing...and it may have been unwise...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I did a thing...and it may have been unwise...: ...I recently swapped out my motherboard and cpu from an Intel based to an AMD one. I had every intention of reinstalling Windows 10 but before I can boot from the USB, it instead booted back from the Windows drive... ...and it still worked! Granted, I had recently...
  4. Do I need to prep to replace motherboard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to prep to replace motherboard?: I'm replacing my motherboard and watched a video saying we don't need to reload windows ten like previous windows additions. But I'm unclear if we need any prep work before attempting the upgrade. Like, will any of my data from my SSD get wiped? I have a second SSD for saved...
  5. Has this keyboard shortcut been replaced?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has this keyboard shortcut been replaced?: I have frequently used the Windows shortcut of alt+space, but it no longer works as it did it now triggers a different operation. I used alt+space to maximize/minimize/restore my screen. If this shortcut has been replaced, what is the replacement shortcut?...
  6. Have these keyboard shortcuts been replaced?

Have these keyboard shortcuts been replaced?: I have frequently used the Windows shortcuts of alt+space and win+x, but they no longer work as they did they may they trigger different operations. I used alt+space to maximize/minimize/restore my screen, and win+x to bring me to the section of the start menu where I could...
  7. Have these shortcuts been replaced?

Have these shortcuts been replaced?: I have frequently used the Windows shortcuts of alt+space and win+x, but they no longer work as they did they may they trigger different operations. If they've been replaced, what are the replacement shortcuts?...
  8. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove the shortcut arrows: Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it. 36304
  9. Replacing mobo with an identical replacement: what do I need to know?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing mobo with an identical replacement: what do I need to know?: Hi All: I just bought an identical (new) Vostro 270 mobo to replace the bad one in my Inspiron 660. Besides having to reactivate Windows 10, what else do I need to know or have on hand before proceeding? - Will I need to download drivers in advance - or can I update...
  10. Icons have been replaced with squares.. help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons have been replaced with squares.. help?: Some of my icons in my settings panel have been replaced with squares (for example the Battery and the Storage icons). I know that means that the icons are either missing/corrupted but I have no idea how to solve this issue. Please help! [img] 84205