Windows 10: Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That

Discus and support Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i got a new computer, and I made two different users, one for me, and one for my brother. And then I decide to download Valorant, and I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EthanKim123, May 23, 2020.

1. Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That

So i got a new computer, and I made two different users, one for me, and one for my brother. And then I decide to download Valorant, and I can see the shortcut on my desktop. But then when my brother goes onto his profile, you can also see the Valorant shortcut. Vice versa, I can see his downloads on my profile. My brother wants to get rid of the shortcut, but getting rid of it on his profile also means that it disappears from my profile. What can I do to get rid of the shortcuts from the desktop on only one profile, and how should I download apps so it doesn't show up on both profiles?

submitted by /u/EthanKim123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EthanKim123, May 23, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 23, 2020
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 23, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That

1. Shortcuts On Both Profiles And How To Change That - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Both Profiles

2. Profile associated keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile associated keyboard shortcuts: A while ago my daughter did something on the lock screen, since then the AltGR+Q stands for backslash combination on my hungarian keyboard doesn't work at all.I've tried a couple things, like adding/re-adding layouts to see if it would solve it but no.Recently, I've switched...
  3. How to change the Cortana shortcut

in Cortana
    How to change the Cortana shortcut: How do I change or turn off the Windows+C Cortana shortcut key? Or change it.This answer tries to explain how but is not written in a away I could understand at all...
  4. How to change the Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the Cortana shortcut: How do I change or turn off the Windows+C Cortana shortcut key? Or change it.This answer tries to explain how but is not written in a away I could understand at all...
  5. How to change the Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to create Guest Profile shortcut for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Guest Profile shortcut for Microsoft Edge: Guest Profile in Microsoft Edge lets you browse separately without interfering with browsing data, download history, etc., of other signed-in profiles. If you regularly use Guest mode in Edge browser, then creating a guest profile shortcut would be a bit more convenient....
  7. how to change language change shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change language change shortcut ?: i downloaded japanese language and and when i switch it to english and when im trying to type in capital by pressing the caps lock it doesnt make it capital it just changes the language again. please help me fix , isnt there way to change the shortcut key ? submitted by...
  8. How to change windows shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change windows shortcuts?: Hello, I need to change "Win+ Prtscr" take screenshot and save automatically shortcut because it's not easy to use cause I'm using it too much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-shortcuts/ab3c5c74-0090-4484-8e34-9baf27ee58de
  9. Keyboard shortcut for display profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut for display profiles: Hi, Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to switch between display profiles? More specifically, let's say I have 2 monitors connected to Windows 10. In profile 1, the desktop extends over display 1 and display 2. In profile 2, display 2 mirrors display 1. I'd...
  10. Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?: Hello. There is a lot you can do on commandline / shortcuts on desktop too, and safe some seconds with mouse clicks in startmenu. Shutdown.exe -f -s -t 0 --- shutdown system Shutdown.exe -f -r -t 0 --- restart system (Shutdown Shortcut - Windows 10 Forums) Just...