Windows 10: shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

Discus and support shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; They were there yesterday but not today. Two symbols are in the task bar, a back arrow & a circle, that were not there yesterday. The X at the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vintage Seabee, Feb 5, 2019.

1. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

They were there yesterday but not today.
    Two symbols are in the task bar, a back arrow & a circle, that were not there yesterday.
    The X at the top right is gone but comes back in red when I move the curser there but disappears when I move the curser off.
    The minimize _ is gone, as is the square that made a small screen full page.
    If I try to move the page it shrinks, unless I move it past center & then it opens in the left or right half of the screen. I can't minimize the page ( move it to taskbar).
    Clk'g on the window in lower left brings up 3 icons (?) at top left of screen. all apps, pinned tiles & expand. What has caused this to happen & how do I change it back ?
    Win 10. 64 bit, 12gb ram, 118gb h.d., intel I5 7400 cpu, 3.0ghz.
    Thanks for your replies & help.

:)

Vintage Seabee, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 5, 2019
  3. javablood Win User
    desktop shortcut disappears

I have a desktop shortcut icon that keeps disappearing. I will set up the shortcut and then the next day after the computer has been shut down and then started up again, the shortcut icon is gone. This does not happen to all of them, thank goodness,
    the culprit is TeamViewer. I am running a Surface Book Performance Base with Windows 10.

javablood, Feb 5, 2019
  4. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared.
    I don't know why.
    And not all of them are gone.

shortcuts on desktop disappeared   where might they have gone ? [​IMG]

Whuzzup with all that?

margrave55, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

1. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ? - Similar Threads - shortcuts desktop disappeared

2. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  3. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  4. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: This is a new computer and I was trying to personalize the desktop when I noticed that all of the shortcut icons that I had placed on my desktop have disappeared. I've tried everything to get them back, including contacting support and doing a restore from 2 days ago. I can't...
  5. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: This is a new computer and I was trying to personalize the desktop when I noticed that all of the shortcut icons that I had placed on my desktop have disappeared. I've tried everything to get them back, including contacting support and doing a restore from 2 days ago. I can't...
  6. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: The problem is basically mentioned in the title, I just restarted my computer, and while entering my password it wrote that the Userprofile failed, soon after that it restarted again. Then when coming to the home page I noticed that I lost almost all the shortcut and also the...
  8. Desktop shortcuts disappearing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing.: My desktop shortcuts are disappearing. It started last week. They didn't go all at once. They went randomly over the last week. Anyone else seeing this issue? Seems that it started after I had trouble with the latest Win 10 update....
  9. Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop: Worked on my laptop yesterday, all good. Turned on this morning and ALL my desktop shortcut files, GONE. Can someone help me troubleshoot, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-icons-gone-on-laptop/48a04e93-647a-43ee-a635-7f2fb7cc63e8
  10. Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared: As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared. I don't know why. And not all of them are gone. [img] Whuzzup with all that? 104717