Windows 10: shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

Discus and support shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; They were there yesterday but not today. Two symbols are in the task bar, a back arrow & a circle, that were not there yesterday. The X at the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vintage Seabee, Feb 5, 2019.

1. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

They were there yesterday but not today.
    Two symbols are in the task bar, a back arrow & a circle, that were not there yesterday.
    The X at the top right is gone but comes back in red when I move the curser there but disappears when I move the curser off.
    The minimize _ is gone, as is the square that made a small screen full page.
    If I try to move the page it shrinks, unless I move it past center & then it opens in the left or right half of the screen. I can't minimize the page ( move it to taskbar).
    Clk'g on the window in lower left brings up 3 icons (?) at top left of screen. all apps, pinned tiles & expand. What has caused this to happen & how do I change it back ?
    Win 10. 64 bit, 12gb ram, 118gb h.d., intel I5 7400 cpu, 3.0ghz.
    Thanks for your replies & help.

:)

Vintage Seabee, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 5, 2019
  3. javablood Win User
    desktop shortcut disappears

I have a desktop shortcut icon that keeps disappearing. I will set up the shortcut and then the next day after the computer has been shut down and then started up again, the shortcut icon is gone. This does not happen to all of them, thank goodness,
    the culprit is TeamViewer. I am running a Surface Book Performance Base with Windows 10.

javablood, Feb 5, 2019
  4. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared.
    I don't know why.
    And not all of them are gone.

shortcuts on desktop disappeared   where might they have gone ? [​IMG]

Whuzzup with all that?

margrave55, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ?

1. shortcuts on desktop disappeared where might they have gone ? - Similar Threads - shortcuts desktop disappeared

2. my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared: All my shortcuts on my desktop disappeared after win 10 last update...help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-disappeared/fdd5f3e1-9ef2-4225-bdc7-cee4ea25e33c
  3. Where have my image thumbnails gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where have my image thumbnails gone?: When I opened folders such as Pictures, Camera Roll, Screenshots the images within used to be instantly previewed with thumbnails. This has stopped, perhaps as a result of October update. So far I have not found how to restore this feature. Advice please. 129900
  4. Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?: Apologies for asking such a simple question. I have recently had to move to a new laptop, which has WIN 10 Home on it and I have found all sorts of things that are different from WIN 10 Pro, which I am used to. At the moment, I cannot locate the icons below in MS Edge. What...
  5. Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and...: All of these symptoms arose simultaneously: Right click is now inconsistent; for ex, right click on empty desktop space does nothing; also esc key is inactive. System restore runs for hours without resolving....
  6. Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared: As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared. I don't know why. And not all of them are gone. [img] Whuzzup with all that? 104717
  7. Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate

in Windows 10 Support
    Once installed - all desktop shortcuts gone - have a clean slate: I tried to install windows 10 - it seemed to work but then all my desktop shortcuts were gone and I couldn't access anything - unless I searched one by one each file....what have I done wrong and why is everything gone ?? I need all my information and couldn't access so I...
  8. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....
  9. Where did my Desktop shortcuts go?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where did my Desktop shortcuts go?: I opted to hide the desktop icons, via a right-click on the desktop but now I can't un-hide them - right-clicking on the desktop has no effect at all..!!? (???) duh.. *Redface 24678
  10. Desktop Icons Have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Have Disappeared: Well, I did something, but cannot find out what it was I dis or how to rectify it. This AM when starting Windows 10 Home, I had no icons on the desktop. Using the file explorer>desktop, they are there, so i did not delete them. Somehow I have hidden them from view. The normal...