Windows 10: Shortcuts on taskbar, next to program icons. How?

Discus and support Shortcuts on taskbar, next to program icons. How? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Fresh Windows 10 user here since a few days. Went from Vista to XP to 7 to 10. I never liked the "pinned to taskbar" way of dealing with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ikonhero, Jan 11, 2021.

1. ikonhero Win User

Shortcuts on taskbar, next to program icons. How?

Hello,

Fresh Windows 10 user here since a few days. Went from Vista to XP to 7 to 10.

I never liked the "pinned to taskbar" way of dealing with icons. In Vista and XP I remember having a small selection of shortcuts on my taskbar, between the start button and the row with icons of active programs. I somehow managed to get a similar setup going for windows 7. I have no idea how I could achieve this in Windows 10.

I have it setup at the moment where I don't pin anything to my taskbar, and have it set to not stack icons, so this way only active programs are shown on the taskbar. Each active instance of Firefox also is shown as a separate icon, and this is how it should be in my opinion.

However I would like to add a couple of shortcuts to the taskbar. Not "pinned" icons. I basically want a shortcut to firefox in case I quickly need a new instance of it opened. Is there a way to do this? If I pin Firefox to the taskbar it again gets all confusing for me...

Thanks!!

Thanks.

:)

ikonhero, Jan 11, 2021

2. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    MDB Shortcut Opens In Another Access Taskbar Icon

Hi Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'll need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

• Is the issue specific to Access application?
    • Have you removed the previous shortcuts and try adding them again?

I would suggest you to remove all the Office shortcuts from the taskbar. Now go back to the same location
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE. Left-click the name of the program, and drag it onto your desktop. Now, Right click the application icon on the desktop, and click "Pin this program to the taskbar".

For more information, refer the Microsoft article on
    Create a
    desktop shortcut for an Office program or file.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Shortcuts on taskbar, next to program icons. How? - Similar Threads - Shortcuts taskbar next

2. Program Icon Missing from Taskbar Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Icon Missing from Taskbar Shortcut: Windows Build 19042.928 I drag-n-dropped a Desktop Shortcut (that has the program icon showing) to my taskbar and clicked "Pin to taskbar." It got pinned, but lost its icon. Now, it's on the taskbar as a nondescript plain sheet of paper. I tried right-clicking it, expecting...
  3. How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?: By right-clicking a program icon in the taskbar, right-clicking the name of the program in the pop-up, selecting "Properties" then "Change Icon" I was able to change the icon in the taskbar as long as the program isn't running. However, as soon as I start the program the icon...
  4. How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change the taskbar icon for a *running* program?: By right-clicking a program icon in the taskbar, right-clicking the name of the program in the pop-up, selecting "Properties" then "Change Icon" I was able to change the icon in the taskbar as long as the program isn't running. However, as soon as I start the program the icon...
  5. Hide All Programs icons/shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide All Programs icons/shortcut: Hi, I would like to hide all Pinned tiles icons and All Apps shortcuts items in Start menu, how can I do it? My reason is because I want to manage all the icons I want to customize the icons that should appears and not....
  6. Program shortcut icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Program shortcut icons disappear: I have some folders on my desktop which contain shortcuts to often used programs. Some of these icons sometimes get lost (quite reliably after I reinstall Windows from scratch and newly create the folder that holds the shortcuts and the shortcuts themselves) and only a white...
  7. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...
  8. Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program shortcut opens another "running" icon in taskbar: Hi Guys, I have Firefox pinned to my taskbar, but when I run the program, it opens up another icon in the taskbar to indicate that it's running. The other browser I use does not do that. In fact, I do not remember Firefox doing that previously. It will just "underscores"...
  9. Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared: After checking and configuring my router I went to the regular desktop view which is plain and looks like Win7 Only the quick access, internet icon, notices, lanquage and clock icons were visible. I had created a new toolbar which referenced the start menu in Windows...
  10. No program icons on taskbar appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No program icons on taskbar appearing: So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button. Any ideas why this is...