Windows 10: Shortcuts to one drive folders

Discus and support Shortcuts to one drive folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I create a shortcut on my desktop to a one drive file folder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bill immerman, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Shortcuts to one drive folders

Can I create a shortcut on my desktop to a one drive file folder?

:)

bill immerman, Jan 8, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcuts to one drive folders :)

terrace, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Folder Template with shortcut to folder inside folder.

I showed you the principle of a method that will do what you wish. To apply it to any folder structure you need to understand how it works.

• In my shortcut I defined the "Start in" folder as %CD%. This means that the shortcut must use the
      current folder as its base. In my example this was C:\Templates\Template1\TestA.
    • For the shortcut I used this command line:

explorer.exe ..\TestB\Target

What exactly does this do? Here is the explanation:

1. "..\" tells Explorer to step on up in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA -> C:\Templates\Template1

2. "TestB" tells Explorer to steop one down in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1 -> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

3. "Target" tells Explorer to open the file or folder "Target".
    Applying this knowledge, you could create a shortcut that makes Explorer step up two folders:

Explorer.exe ..\..\Template2\TestB\Target

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA

-> C:\Templates\Template1

-> C:\Templates

-> C:\Templates\Template2

-> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

-> Open "Target"

Armed with this knowledge you can now fix your shortcut yourself.

Frederik Long, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Shortcuts to one drive folders

Is there any way to get the original icons to display again after the shortcuts are moved into a folder?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed, the view of files, folders, shortcuts etc. will be set to small icons by default, due to which you will not be able to see the shortcut's icon.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Click on View
      menu in the menu bar.

• Select either of these options
      medium, large or extra-large icons and you will be able to see the icon of the shortcut.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Shortcuts to one drive folders

1. Shortcuts to one drive folders - Similar Threads - Shortcuts drive folders

2. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  3. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  4. One Drive Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Folders: I am replacing all of my company's desktop PC's with laptops. I'm running into an annoying problem with OneDrive. I enable it and login with the user's account. Then I copy over, using a USB drive, the data from their old machine, on which OneDrive is not enabled/syncing. The...
  5. One Drive Folders

One Drive Folders: I am replacing all of my company's desktop PC's with laptops. I'm running into an annoying problem with OneDrive. I enable it and login with the user's account. Then I copy over, using a USB drive, the data from their old machine, on which OneDrive is not enabled/syncing. The...
  6. One Drive Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. One Drive Folder

One Drive Folder: Under my One Drive Personal folder, I have a folder called DOCUMENTS. Under this folder I have a Folder called OUTLOOK FILES. Under this folder I have a folder called EMAIL. In the email folder I can see my email address. This folder size is 4.88 gb. What will happen if I...
  8. One Drive Folder

One Drive Folder: Under my One Drive Personal folder, I have a folder called DOCUMENTS. Under this folder I have a Folder called OUTLOOK FILES. Under this folder I have a folder called EMAIL. In the email folder I can see my email address. This folder size is 4.88 gb. What will happen if I...
  9. One Drive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. One Drive folders

One Drive folders: Hi everyone. I asked this yesterday and was told the only option is to move everything to the one drive folder. But there's got to be a better way. How can I have files on my PC automatically upload to one drive without moving them to the one drive folder?...