Windows 10: Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu.

Discus and support Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there's a command that can be pasted into a shortcut; That opens the power menu or user menu? I.e where you sign out or lock your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fraad, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Fraad Win User

Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu.

Does anyone know if there's a command that can be pasted into a shortcut; That opens the power menu or user menu? I.e where you sign out or lock your computer.

The shortcut is meant to be on the desktop.

Some screenshots showing what menus I'm referring to.

Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu. [​IMG]

:)

Fraad, Aug 21, 2015

2. Local User Account

Hi Virginia, when I click the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu I don't get a control panel option...

Clinton Young, Aug 21, 2015
  3. GTTG Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search not finding shortcuts

Hi Syed,

The issue is only in finding the shortcuts that I directly placed under the Application folder that I created, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Application.

The start menu brings up other shortcuts like Windows PowerShell when I click start and type in "power". This particular shortcut resides on C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell\Windows PowerShell.
    Similarly the start menu brings up Movie Maker from the Movie Maker shortcut, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Movie Maker.

The start menu also works correctly in bringing up settings that I search for and it works in Web and MyStuff searches.

I ran the Powershell commands that you listed above and rebooted. They appreared to run correctly but it made no difference to the Start menu search issue.

Thanks.

4. Edwin New Member

You could try the following, although 'Lock' will not show in this menu:

Paste the following into Notepad and Save as power.vbs in your C: directory:

Code: dim objShell set objShell = CreateObject("shell.application") objshell.ShutdownWindows set objShell = nothing[/quote] now, create a shortcut for your desktop and name it whatever you wish.
    Right click on the shortcut chose properties, Change Icon, and give it a 'power' icon or something suitable.

Edwin, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Shortcuts to open power menu or user menu. - Similar Threads - Shortcuts open power

2. Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu: I have been editing the Power User Menu with WinX Menu Editor, and I have been unable to get 3 items to work. I had Control Panel pinned to the Taskbar with a list of items pinned to it, and I had added a Toolbar calls Apps with a lot of system, network, and utility settings...
  3. Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu: I have been editing the Power User Menu with WinX Menu Editor, and I have been unable to get 3 items to work. I had Control Panel pinned to the Taskbar with a list of items pinned to it, and I had added a Toolbar calls Apps with a lot of system, network, and utility settings...
  4. Can't Add Some Items to Power User Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Document Shortcuts on Start Menu

Document Shortcuts on Start Menu: I upgraded from 1909 to 20H2. It appears that document shortcuts on startmenu is not longer supported. The shortcuts are still in the StartMenu/Programs folder and function if clicked on directly, but they no longer appear in the start menu and cannot be pinned. I was able...
  6. Start Menu Settings shortcut and files shortcut above the power options not appearing.

Start Menu Settings shortcut and files shortcut above the power options not appearing.: After I restarted my computer I noticed that the Windows Settings shortcut and Files shortcut weren't there. I recently uninstalled the Visual C++ thing but idk if that is what caused it....
  7. A wee TIP for Power Users menu

A wee TIP for Power Users menu: Maybe you are not aware of this, yet... This is in regard to the Power Users menu: It can be open by Rt Clking Windows logo. It can, also, be opened w/ Win+X and it is this way I am addressing, here. If, via Rt Clking no letters in the item words are underlined. BUT, use...
  8. Windows task, power, start menu will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows task, power, start menu will not open: I cannot open any window app through the key, start menu or cortana. Will not let me power off or restart with out a manually doing it. I have restarted, restored ect to try and get it to work. Please help....
  9. Open With Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Open With Menu: Hope someone might have an idea how to get rid of the "Search the Store" option in the "Open With" context menu as per the pic [img] 31542
  10. Cannot open Power User Task Menu help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open Power User Task Menu help please!: Hi everyone, I recently bought a new machine running windows 10 and I cannot access the Power User Task Menu. When I right click on the start menu the cursor automatically moves a couple pixels and nothing is displayed. Windows key + X does nothing either. What do I do??...