Windows 10: Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work

Discus and support Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; According to the shortcut keys list, Winkey+V can Cycle through notifications. There is a lot of notifications in my action center, but there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Isabel, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Isabel Win User

Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work

According to the shortcut keys list, Winkey+V can Cycle
    through notifications.
    There is a lot of notifications in my action center, but there is no reaction after press Winkey+V on desktop or Winkey+A first then Winkey+V.
    I have no idea how this shortcut key works.

:)

Isabel, Oct 13, 2015
  2. ¡Firedog Win User

Keyboard shortcut Winkey + F for Find not working

This was one of my favourite shortcuts on W7, but it doesn't seem to work on W10. Winkey + S brings up a search box, but it seems always to conduct a web search when I'm simply looking for something on my computer. How do I make Winkey + F work, or is
    there an alternative?

¡Firedog, Oct 13, 2015
  3. jebks Win User
    the winkey-X shortcut not working properly.

The only fix I found is to take a flash drive and go to a system that has a working quick link menu and copy the files you need for it to run correctly then load them on your machine.

On the machine that has a working quick link function, go to File Explorer and the View tab, check hidden items box so you can see appdata folder and its contents. The go to....

C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX folder. Copy WinX folder to the flash drive. Disconnect flash drive and go to your machine.

The on your screwed up machine Open File Explorer, go to View tab and make sure the hidden items box is "checked".

C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX folder and delete the WinX folder.

Do the same thing on your user folder found at, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX, deleting your existing WinX folder.

Insert the flash drive and go to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows and paste the WinX folder into the Windows folder

Then go to your "your user" folder and paste the WinX folder into Windows as show below.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows. Restart and hopefully all will be fine. This fixed mine...

jebks, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Isabel, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Win+V doesn't do anything for me as well.

If you like, you could use Win+A to open the action center, then use the arrow keys to scroll through the notifications.

Brink, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Shortcuts Winkey+V for notification doesn't work - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Winkey+V notification

2. WinKey + I Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinKey + I Is Not Working: Hello. I pushed WinKey + I (shortcut) to go to the settings, but it is not working. Any help? Windows 10 Home Insider Preview (64-bit) 127801
  3. Windows key + V doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key + V doesn't work: I don't understand why the popup window doesn't appear after Windows key + V which is a new feature in the latest versions of Windows. This feature allows multiple clipboard items to be saved and recopied. I'm using Version 1809 Build 17763 so it should work....
  4. FireFox v 62.0 to v 62.0.2 Doesn't Work...

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox v 62.0 to v 62.0.2 Doesn't Work...: For several days now, I've been prompted to update to v 62.0.2, but after the restart, the version still shows as v 62.0. The notice has shown up in a pop up when using the browser and on the help/about window. The update downloads and the request for restart shows up, but...
  5. WinKey not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    WinKey not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows Key or the WinKey is one of the core keys in Windows which lets you do multiple tasks. Right from launching Start Menu to Win+Tab, Win+R, Win+S and many others. Many a time this causes a problem, and you [...] This post Windows key or WinKey not working on...
  6. Windows key or WinKey not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows key or WinKey not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows Key or the WinKey is one of the core keys in Windows which lets you do multiple tasks. Right from launching Start Menu to Win+Tab, Win+R, Win+S and many others. Many a time this causes a problem, and you [...] This post Windows key or WinKey not working on...
  7. Change WinKey function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change WinKey function: In the registry, is it possible to change WinKey+Shift+C to WinKey+C? (Launches Cortana in voice mode.) No, SnapKey is not capable of doing this. 61726
  8. Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.

in Browsers and Email
    Makeing a shortcut to the Mail app with this guide doesn't work.: I'm trying use this guide, but it just opens My Documents folder or the open with prompt. Is there a version for Windows 10? I need it because I have the missing app icons bug and none of the fixes worked for me. The only time I can get into the mail app is when I get an...
  9. Start menu shortcuts doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts doesn't work: After installing Creators Update, programs shortcuts already uninstalled continues to show on start menu. For example, I uninstalled Forza Motorsport 6, and if I type "Forza..." in the start menu, the shortcut appears and if I click nothing happens, either with the left...
  10. Shortcut key doesn't work from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut key doesn't work from desktop: I've made a Batch script that allows me to quickly type in what program I want to launch, and have it assigned to Ctrl+Shift+C. It is placed in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. The shortcut key works when applications are opened and everything, except for...