Windows 10: Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from...

Discus and support Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I've tried to fix Ctrl+Alt not working in Substance Painter, and I've stumbled upon this anwer, and now any combinations with Shift, Ctrl and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CobbleCouch, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from...

Hi! I've tried to fix Ctrl+Alt not working in Substance Painter, and I've stumbled upon this anwer, and now any combinations with Shift, Ctrl and Windows keys doesn't work at allSpecifically, I followed the commands, quote:1. Press the Windows + Q keys, type and click on Notepad;2. Paste the values below into the notebook:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,09,00,00,00,00,00,5b,e0,00,00,5c,e0,00,00,5d,e0,00,00,44,00,00,00,1d,00,00,00,38,00,00,00,1d,e0,00,00,38,e0,00,00,00,003. Clic

:)

CobbleCouch, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Tesstula Win User
    List custom keyboard shortcuts - Alt + Shift + T

Hello,
    I found a VERY useful thread from cniggeler with a script by Frederik Long - hoping they'll get tagged here somehow, since I can't ping either of them directly; the script is below. I ran it successfully, but it found nothing. I've got a keyboard shortcut
    for Alt + Shift + T on one of my laptops that is pulling up some screen-shot tool that I've never used before instead of the menu access for a different software that works on every other device I use.

So, does the script below work for any keyboard shortcut combo or is there some reference to the OP's Ctrl+Alt+U hotkey shortcut?

More simply, anyone have any idea what screen-shot snipping tool is using Alt+Shift+T? I've googled it to frustration, hence this question.

Thanks for any helpful guidance.

Code:
    '--------------------------------------

'Recursively find the Ctrl+Alt+U hotkey

'6 Sep 2019 FNL

'--------------------------------------

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.Filesystemobject")

Set oWshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

sStart = oWshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%UserProfile%\Desktop")

bFound = False

Process sStart

If Not bFound Then MsgBox "Sorry, no shortcut found containing this hotkey", 48

Sub Process(sFolder)

    For Each oFile In oFSO.GetFolder(sFolder).Files

        If LCase(Right(oFile.Name, 4)) = ".lnk" Then

            Set oLink = oFSO.OpenTextFile(oFile.Path)

            sData = oLink.Read(70)

            If Mid(sData, 65,1) = Chr(85) And Mid(sData, 66,1) = Chr(6) Then

                MsgBox oFile.Path, 64, "Shortcut finder"

                bFound = True

            End If

        End if

    Next

    

    For Each oFldr In oFSO.GetFolder(sFolder).SubFolders

        Process oFldr.Path

    Next

End Sub

Tesstula, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from...

Alt + Shift shortcut does not change the keyboard language

Like I said, these shortcuts do work except Left Shift + Alt

I'm not interested in the rest of these keyboard shortcuts, but only Left Shift + Alt which I am used to using on a daily basis.

This is not a solution.

Omer Idgar, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from...

1. Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from... - Similar Threads - Shortcuts Shift Alt

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  4. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key doesn't work: hello there, i hope that you are all having a good day. recently, i have run into a very strange problem on my laptop. my shift key doesn't work. however, this only happens sometimes. for example, when i first boot the laptop, the shift keys don't work. there are times where...
  5. shift key doesn't work

shift key doesn't work: hello there, i hope that you are all having a good day. recently, i have run into a very strange problem on my laptop. my shift key doesn't work. however, this only happens sometimes. for example, when i first boot the laptop, the shift keys don't work. there are times where...
  6. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  7. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  8. Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from...

Shortcuts with Shift, Alt and Windows keys doesn't work after running Keyboard.reg from...: Hi! I've tried to fix Ctrl+Alt not working in Substance Painter, and I've stumbled upon this anwer, and now any combinations with Shift, Ctrl and Windows keys doesn't work at allSpecifically, I followed the commands, quote:1. Press the Windows + Q keys, type and click on...
  9. WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InformedChoice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qppd8p/windows_10_how_to_disable_the_altshift_keyboard/
  10. my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard keys shift cntrl fn alt not working: hello ! I have looked for solutions on many different forums but all the suggestions are the same. I have no sticky keys, the keyboard drivers are up to date and I have configured only one language and region. I tried everything but I have no idea why it doesn't work. I...