Windows 10: shortcuts working slowly

Discus and support shortcuts working slowly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new computer. My first experience with dual drive. I installed part of my adobe suite to D: drive and the most used app to C: drive. It works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary Broome, May 14, 2019.

1. shortcuts working slowly

I have a new computer. My first experience with dual drive. I installed part of my adobe suite to D: drive and the most used app to C: drive. It works well even though
    Dell said it would not. The problem is my desk top short cuts take several tries at a double click to get them to respond. Not all, but most. Anyone have an idea hoe to fix this?

:)

Gary Broome, May 14, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.shortcuts working slowly :)

terrace, May 14, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 14, 2019
  4. shortcuts working slowly

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 14, 2019
Thema:

shortcuts working slowly

1. shortcuts working slowly - Similar Threads - shortcuts working slowly

2. computer working slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer working slowly: second pictureHello to all. I am sorry to say- BUT I was on Outlook mail and was being helped by someone named Igor. he has the credentials of a pretty knowledgeable Microsoft person.I have done all I could do to speed up my wife's computer. It is windows 10- but the computer...
  3. computer working slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer working slowly: second pictureHello to all. I am sorry to say- BUT I was on Outlook mail and was being helped by someone named Igor. he has the credentials of a pretty knowledgeable Microsoft person.I have done all I could do to speed up my wife's computer. It is windows 10- but the computer...
  4. computer working slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer is working slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is working slowly: Hello to all. I am sorry to say- BUT I was on Outlook mail and was being helped by someone named Igor. he has the credentials of a pretty knowledgeable Microsoft person. I have done all I could do to speed up my wife's computer. It is windows 10- but the computer is not new...
  6. Computer is working slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is working slowly: Hello to all. I am sorry to say- BUT I was on Outlook mail and was being helped by someone named Igor. he has the credentials of a pretty knowledgeable Microsoft person. I have done all I could do to speed up my wife's computer. It is windows 10- but the computer is not new...
  7. Computer is working slowly

8. LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY

LEGACY MODE WORKS SLOWLY: I reinstalled Windows in Legacy mode and now my laptop runs slow,my click goes in lag and all operation are working slow.If I try to switch to UEFI mode I get a error: ,,Default boot device manager missing or boot failed....".How should I switch it to UEFI mode where my...
  9. Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders: Constantly, over multiple installations, I've been having issues with the loading of thumbnails, so much so that I've just come to the conclusion that it's a standard issue with Windows 10. Several times a day, whenever I open my download folder or other picture folders,...
  10. Internet Explorer works slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer works slowly: It occurs suddenly, Internet Exploreris working very slowly now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-works-slowly/ee44deff-35d1-41d7-adc3-78590c40b9f6