Windows 10: shortcuts working slowly

Discus and support shortcuts working slowly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new computer. My first experience with dual drive. I installed part of my adobe suite to D: drive and the most used app to C: drive. It works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary Broome, May 14, 2019 at 2:57 PM.

1. shortcuts working slowly

I have a new computer. My first experience with dual drive. I installed part of my adobe suite to D: drive and the most used app to C: drive. It works well even though
    Dell said it would not. The problem is my desk top short cuts take several tries at a double click to get them to respond. Not all, but most. Anyone have an idea hoe to fix this?

:)

2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.shortcuts working slowly :)

3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

4. shortcuts working slowly

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 14, 2019 at 2:59 PM
Thema:

shortcuts working slowly

1. shortcuts working slowly - Similar Threads - shortcuts working slowly

2. Shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts don't work: Hi, for some reason my shortcuts don't connect but I haven't changed anything. How can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-dont-work/67e2dd11-ef76-46fa-96e6-42e746c515d4
  3. Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Buttons on keyboard slowly starting to not work: So about two or three weeks ago, I was typing something and I noticed that my left shift key wasn't working, though my right one was. Though I was concerned, I didn't try to do anything and just used the right one. Last night, I was trying to turn the brightness down by using...
  4. Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key: Hi, I'm using Windows 10, installed on an SSD, and I'm facing this really weird issue. All programs and apps start up very quickly (instantly) due to the SSD, as well as Windows itself. I have some shortcut keys for different programs, for example: Ctrl + Alt + P opens PAINT...
  5. Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key: Hi, I'm using Windows 10, installed on an SSD, and I'm facing this really weird issue. All programs and apps start up very quickly (instantly) due to the SSD, as well as Windows itself. I have some shortcut keys for different programs, for example: Ctrl + Alt + P opens PAINT...
  6. wifi so slowly

wifi so slowly: my wifi it is so slowly in my computer but in my iphone is to fast, How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-so-slowly/a48c9120-b6fb-4920-80b0-8930e698eb5b
  7. Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop work slowly

Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop work slowly: I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop, when the keyborad and mouse. My machine is Lenovo MIIX 720 with Window 10 home, the bluetooth is version 4.1. The keyborad is working slowly when typing. How to improve this?...
  8. Windows 10 started working very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 started working very slowly: My PC started working very slowly all the time and with all the applications, including booting. I have Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.167). I appreciate your help....
  9. "This PC" shortcut opens very slowly ONLY from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "This PC" shortcut opens very slowly ONLY from taskbar: Hi, I have just finished a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro in a notebook, and I'm facing a very weird issue. I'm doing this all day, and it's the first time and the only notebook I know that is having this problem. Just in case it's relevant, it's an MSI GL62M 7RDX: i5...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....