Windows 10: shoudl i use an online microsoft account?

Discus and support shoudl i use an online microsoft account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; microsoft really wants me to think it as a VERY BAD option because why the hecc else would they force their customers to use it, but it actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_number_291647, Apr 13, 2020.

1. shoudl i use an online microsoft account?

microsoft really wants me to think it as a VERY BAD option because why the hecc else would they force their customers to use it, but it actually doesn't sound too bad because i have two computers and syncing desktops would be nice.

clarification question #1: i want to be sure that files on one computer can be retrieved onto another computer logged into the same microsoft account, is this correct?

clarification question #2 if question 1 is correct, does it use onedrive and therefore have a finite amount of cloud data storage?

thanks for reading the whole thing lol

tl;dr is logging in with a microsoft account a good idea? and how does file syncing work?

submitted by /u/user_number_291647
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user_number_291647, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

shoudl i use an online microsoft account?

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

shoudl i use an online microsoft account?

1. shoudl i use an online microsoft account? - Similar Threads - shoudl online microsoft

2. Cant unlink microsoft online account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant unlink microsoft online account: I created a local account because I dont want to use aby of the Microsoft online facilities - they are cumbersome and overbearing.2 weeks later, I get a prompt to back up PC so I think Ok, good idea - it asks me to login to OneDrive so I do.As soon as I log in, my Chrome...
  3. Cant unlink microsoft online account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant unlink microsoft online account: I created a local account because I dont want to use aby of the Microsoft online facilities - they are cumbersome and overbearing.2 weeks later, I get a prompt to back up PC so I think Ok, good idea - it asks me to login to OneDrive so I do.As soon as I log in, my Chrome...
  4. Cant unlink microsoft online account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Managing a large amount of pcs using online microsoft accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Managing a large amount of pcs using online microsoft accounts: Greetings everyone, my company provides technical support and deployment of windows pcs to around a dozen different institutions.We like being to manage and track these pcs by using an online Microsoft account because this allows us to sign in to a page where we can manage...
  6. Windows 10 forces me to use online account!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forces me to use online account!: I honestly don't know how to react to this anymore. Even at the installation stage, I refused all online functions. I had to disconnect my pc from the Internet to create a regular local account!And here again, the system in full screen imposes on me "connecting online...
  7. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?: When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?...
  8. Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which Windows settings are synced to the Microsoft Online account?: Hello, I would like to get a list as detailed as possible. Some concrete questions I have: Is the list of installed apps being synced? If so do default scam apps I uninstalled on my machine also get uninstalled the next time I install that machine or another using my...
  9. Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?

Convert online Microsoft Azure account to local account?: I set my desktop user account up accidentally using my Microsoft Azure AD account. I want to change it to a local account without losing my settings. Can this be done? 105466
  10. Online Account Syncing

Online Account Syncing: When we all come to install the final build of Windows 10, is there a way to enable the online account but not to let it sync all the settings? 3981