Windows 10: Should a teen at boarding school be given their own Microsoft Windows account?

Discus and support Should a teen at boarding school be given their own Microsoft Windows account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We've got a 15 year old going off to boarding school, and I'm wondering about the relative wisdom of initially putting the whole Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DocWills, Aug 4, 2019.

1. DocWills Win User

Should a teen at boarding school be given their own Microsoft Windows account?

We've got a 15 year old going off to boarding school, and I'm wondering about the relative wisdom of initially putting the whole Microsoft Windows account under their name/email (since I won't be around to proctor/troubleshoot issues with the laptop most of the year) vs setting it up in my name and adding them as a family member?

:)

DocWills, Aug 4, 2019

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Can't add a school account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if it works:

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to some file corruption, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it works. To do so, refer the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to try to create a new user account and check if you still face this issue in new user account. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    • Sign out from the current User account and log-in using new User account and check if issue persist.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Should a teen at boarding school be given their own Microsoft Windows account?

Mindweaver, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Should a teen at boarding school be given their own Microsoft Windows account?

1. Should a teen at boarding school be given their own Microsoft Windows account? - Similar Threads - Should teen boarding

2. Removing school account on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing school account on Microsoft: Hi, so I have tried removing one of my school accounts through the settings app, and the school account that I want to remove isn't even there. When I go to settings and search "access work or school" only my current school account shows up. I am a transfer student and so I...
  3. Removing school account on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing school account on Microsoft: Hi, so I have tried removing one of my school accounts through the settings app, and the school account that I want to remove isn't even there. When I go to settings and search "access work or school" only my current school account shows up. I am a transfer student and so I...
  4. Removing school account on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. randomly given school computer level restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    randomly given school computer level restrictions: Hi,Having a weird issue, earlier today I discovered that on YouTube I have restricted mode forcibly turned on without anyway of turning it off the toggle is greyed out and there is nothing beneath it to enable the toggle I also am unable to access safe search filtered sites...
  6. randomly given school computer level restrictions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    randomly given school computer level restrictions: Hi,Having a weird issue, earlier today I discovered that on YouTube I have restricted mode forcibly turned on without anyway of turning it off the toggle is greyed out and there is nothing beneath it to enable the toggle I also am unable to access safe search filtered sites...
  7. randomly given school computer level restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Remove Microsoft School Account

Remove Microsoft School Account: I have completed my course and is unable to remove the microsoft school account from my laptop.After clicking the manage, it will bring me online.The account had already been disabled by the school and hence I also cannot login in.Please advise how to remove....
  9. problem with school Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    problem with school Microsoft account: Since I sign in microsoft office by my school account window started to do dumb things, for example, it goes to sleep even though I choose never go to sleep in power options. how to fix that?...
  10. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...