Windows 10: Should an SSD make a sound?

Discus and support Should an SSD make a sound? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, doing my disk checking for errors, I have noticed when I check an SSD it makes a low volume, high pitched noise (a bit like in the movies when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Should an SSD make a sound?

So, doing my disk checking for errors, I have noticed when I check an SSD it makes a low volume, high pitched noise (a bit like in the movies when computer text is being typed on-screen ). I use a 240GB PNY, 240GB Kingston, A really old OCZ Agility3 120GB, and Vertex2 240GB. I also have multiple back-ups of important work on separate drives both internal and external. Would this be the drive or some kind of interference sound? I find it weird as there are no moving parts in an SSD. Thank you. Win Pro Version: 20H2 ( 19042.1052 )

:)

farrellart, Jun 20, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Should an SSD make a sound? :p

cadaveca, Jun 20, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Should an SSD make a sound?

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Should an SSD make a sound?

1. Should an SSD make a sound? - Similar Threads - Should SSD sound

2. Some Program does not make sound when they should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Program does not make sound when they should: Hello Guys,Recently, I have noticed some programs on my laptop do not make any sound even if they should.Example : got 3 programs : Deezer, Brave and Dredge. Both Deezer & Brave make sound which I can clearly hear. Dredge is not making any sound even if it...
  3. Some Program does not make sound when they should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Program does not make sound when they should: Hello Guys,Recently, I have noticed some programs on my laptop do not make any sound even if they should.Example : got 3 programs : Deezer, Brave and Dredge. Both Deezer & Brave make sound which I can clearly hear. Dredge is not making any sound even if it...
  4. Some Program does not make sound when they should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?<Original title - Hmm...> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-choose-ssd-or-the-nvme-ssd/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  6. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?<Original title - Hmm...> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-choose-ssd-or-the-nvme-ssd/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  7. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

8. SSD Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Sound: I have a crucial CT500MX500SSD1 and have it installed for a good while...months. Recently I took the sides off my tower to mess with a HDD. Basically I unplugged it because I think it is failing and I want to preserve before I do a backup. I have since noticed an electrical...
  9. SSD should be emptier but it's not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD should be emptier but it's not: Hi, First of all it's not my first language, sorry for that : So I've built a new pc with ssd240gb+hdd1tb On the second day I downloaded a file and got virus, slowed down the pc whatever, I decided to erase everything through bios and start all over since it was just...
  10. Should SSD's be defragmented

Should SSD's be defragmented: Here's a question that hasn't been asked before I'm sure. Should an SSD be defragmented. Seriously, I know there are a multitude of opinions on this but was wondering what the experts on this forum would suggest. 52802