Windows 10: Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted?

Discus and support Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lately, I have been going through my files and apps and deleting unwanted items also known as junkware or bloatware to conserve data and increase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeanne doe, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted?

Lately, I have been going through my files and apps and deleting unwanted items also known as junkware or bloatware to conserve data and increase performance. I have noticed the following programs, and I wonder if it is a good idea to delete them. The applications are:

• Digital Certificate for VBA Projects
    • DTS Audio Control
    • HP Audio Switch
    • Component Services
    • Computer Management
    • Defragment and Optimize Drives
    • Event Viewer
    • iSCSI Initiator
    • ODBC Data Sources 32-bit
    • ODBC Data Sources 64-bit
    • Performance Monitor
    • Resource Monitor
    • Services
    • System Information
    • Task Scheduler

I also have four different versions of PowerShell:

• Windows PowerShell
    • Windows PowerShell x86
    • Windows PowerShell ISE
    • Windows PowerShell ISE x86

Can any of these be deleted without corrupting my computer?

:)

Jeanne doe, Aug 31, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 31, 2020
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. topgundcp Win User

Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted?

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted?

1. Should Any Of These Programs Be Deleted? - Similar Threads - Should Programs Deleted

2. What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?: I searched it online and found that ze loader is a malware.Because it is a dll file i can't be sure should I delete it or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zeloaderdll-is-it-any-kind-of-malware/a2902255-70fb-41ba-9f7f-fb1449b39088
  3. What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?: I searched it online and found that ze loader is a malware.Because it is a dll file i can't be sure should I delete it or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zeloaderdll-is-it-any-kind-of-malware/a2902255-70fb-41ba-9f7f-fb1449b39088
  4. Should I delete pagefile.sys?

Should I delete pagefile.sys?: I have 20 gigs stored in pagefile.sys, and I am wondering if I should delete it. My ram is currently 20 gigs and I don't know if that is good enough, that I would still need pagefile.sys....
  5. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete any of these programs: Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?...
  6. Can I safely delete any of these programs

Can I safely delete any of these programs: Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?...
  7. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Deleting a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a program: I downloaded an alternate browser, Citrio, and then tried to delete it, but it won't allow itself to be deleted using the normal method from Control Panel. Can someone send the command prompt code for removing this potential threat? Thank you. Larry...
  9. Programs deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs deleted: This morning I logged in and found that many if not all my programs have been deleted. Or maybe they have been moved. So there are tiles showing my files but if they are EXCEL or Word they are not available. I do have some text files and they are okay. What happened and what...
  10. Deleted Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Program: Hi so last year i accidentally deleted the program and i didnt know if i still can recover this program without harming, lost or reseting my loptop,. can it still be recovered? since i knew i really messed my loptop[ATTACH]...