Windows 10: Should be able to add time without a request

Discus and support Should be able to add time without a request in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my kids' time is winding down, I want to add time while between meetings but I have to wait until they send me a request, which may be in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by netdragon2010, May 16, 2020.

1. Should be able to add time without a request

When my kids' time is winding down, I want to add time while between meetings but I have to wait until they send me a request, which may be in the middle of a meeting. I'm not sure why on the website family.microsoft.com they have to send a request to add time. Shouldn't we still be able to add time on the website even if they don't ask for it?

:)

netdragon2010, May 16, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 16, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, May 16, 2020
  4. wolf Win User

Should be able to add time without a request

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

Should be able to add time without a request

1. Should be able to add time without a request - Similar Threads - Should able add

2. Request to add Philippines as time zone for +08:00

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request to add Philippines as time zone for +08:00: Please add Philippines as time zone in Windows 10 or 11 for +08:00 granting that its people is all over the world, there maybe no country that there is no Filipino. Event in world history Philippines has a very significant role....
  3. Request to add Philippines as time zone for +08:00

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request to add Philippines as time zone for +08:00: Please add Philippines as time zone in Windows 10 or 11 for +08:00 granting that its people is all over the world, there maybe no country that there is no Filipino. Event in world history Philippines has a very significant role....
  4. Request to add Philippines as time zone for +08:00

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  6. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  7. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should!: So, I know that I posted a completely different question about the parent controls acting up on me, but this time, If I don't get permission for 8 hours, than it won't give me any more time. and sometimes, it gives me less time than it should. what is happening????? Moved...
  9. Laptop should only be able to start at certain times?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop should only be able to start at certain times?: Hello, my question is, is there a way that you can start a win10 laptop only at certain times and then switch itself off after a certain time. e.g. the laptop can be started daily from 14-17 o'clock. Not before and not after, unless you have an unlock password. the...
  10. Request timed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request timed out: Hi, please help when i'm using any wifi, it's not stable at all and when i ping with CMD ( ping riot.de -t ) i get requested timed out each 4 secs continiously (riot.de is a League of legends game server, it works perfectly almost at anytime) same issue with google.com or...