Windows 10: Should C:\Windows\System32\downlevel be in PATH

Discus and support Should C:\Windows\System32\downlevel be in PATH in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; api-ms-win-core-*.dlls aren't resolved for some reason, for some DLLs I built with VS2022 and downloaded from gstreamer. I checked that with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buttermilk_Jesus_000, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Should C:\Windows\System32\downlevel be in PATH

api-ms-win-core-*.dlls aren't resolved for some reason, for some DLLs I built with VS2022 and downloaded from gstreamer. I checked that with depends.exe. So I found out that those reside in C:\Windows\System32\downlevel and added it to PATH. However, ext-ms-win-*.dll still stay missing. I don't know if I messed up or not, please tell me if so.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Buttermilk_Jesus_000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Buttermilk_Jesus_000, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Should C:\Windows\System32\downlevel be in PATH

1. Should C:\Windows\System32\downlevel be in PATH - Similar Threads - Should WindowsSystem32downlevel PATH

2. VS Code C++ No legal path to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VS Code C++ No legal path to install: Hello,Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 or greater is required. Get it with "Microsoft C++ Build Tools": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/I need to install this for my python project.However: I cannot select a path for my installation. I have tried every...
  3. C# Project File Uses Wrong Paths

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C# Project File Uses Wrong Paths: In VS 2022 I am trying to create a C# Winforms project file that contains the references I frequently use ad links to files I regularly use.My base project directory is D:\Data\Visual Studio 2022\ProjectsWhen I create a new project based on the template the path of the linked...
  4. C++ redistrib error path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C++ redistrib error path not found: the path c:\programdata\package\cache\ {...... cannot be found.I have uninstalled all c++ and the visual office tools.Repeatedly::: vc_redistx64.exe results in the same error.I have tried all the suggestions i have found...... How do i fix this?...
  5. C++ redistrib error path not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C++ redistrib error path not found: the path c:\programdata\package\cache\ {...... cannot be found.I have uninstalled all c++ and the visual office tools.Repeatedly::: vc_redistx64.exe results in the same error.I have tried all the suggestions i have found...... How do i fix this?...
  6. C++ redistrib error path not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. error System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program...: I have publish a app that read png files and binary files from resources in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\name publisher\Mollier_Hvac_Simulation\ResourcesReading png files work well with: PictureBox1.BackgroundImage = My.Resources.a1 a1=picture pngBut with binary file not:...
  8. error System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program...: I have publish a app that read png files and binary files from resources in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\name publisher\Mollier_Hvac_Simulation\ResourcesReading png files work well with: PictureBox1.BackgroundImage = My.Resources.a1 a1=picture pngBut with binary file not:...
  9. What should be my original boot path?

What should be my original boot path?: After last windows update nothing worked right. Uninstalled it but now all is sluggish and some app won't even open. On start up it takes at least 3-4 minutes now to just get to Windows screen....
  10. Error in Visual Studio C# path file

Error in Visual Studio C# path file: Hell : This is mY Error See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\AbduAllah\documents\visual studio...