Windows 10: Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?

Discus and support Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently I installed my win10 in HDD and bought SSD and wanna install it on SSD. Can I keep my files on HDD and delete win10 onHDD or should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farukbigez, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?

Currently I installed my win10 in HDD and bought SSD and wanna install it on SSD. Can I keep my files on HDD and delete win10 onHDD or should I reformat my HDD?

submitted by /u/farukbigez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/farukbigez, Jul 1, 2020

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

BobMac1547x, Jul 1, 2020
  4. fw_85 Win User

Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?

Installing Win7 Ultimate Over Win10 Home to get Pro

Hello,

I'm about to purchase a laptop that comes with the Win10 Home pre-installed.

I do, however still own a license of Win7 Ultimate, so I should be entitled to Win10 Pro after upgrading.

Is it therefore possible for me to over-write the pre-installed Win10 Home with my Win7 Ultimate first (clean install), and then perform an upgrade, which would grant me Win10 Pro?

Thank you for your answer.

fw_85, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?

1. Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD? - Similar Threads - Should format Win10

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  6. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  7. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  8. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  9. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....
  10. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...