Windows 10: Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Discus and support Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John_544, May 7, 2019.

1. John_544 Win User

Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of site to an on premises domain controller.

We have examples at our organisation where a user is permanently based offsite and we wish to send them a brand new computer that they have not logged onto before. Currently we either ask them to come collect the computer and log onto it before taking it away or we set them up with a local account (really want to move away from this option).

We have implemented hybrid domain joined computers as we cannot move away from group policy at this stage but none of our hybrid domain joined computers allow UPN login when no line of site to a domain controller. Is this normal behaviour?

Note: UPN logon does work if line of site to a domain controller and with locally cached username.

:)

John_544, May 7, 2019
  2. John_544 Win User

U-EV or something better for Hybrid joined computers

Hi, we are moving to having all hybrid joined computers at our organisation and we want users to have all settings to "roam" with them when they logon to a computer.

I understand there is Enterprise state roaming that would be suitable if we were only Azure AD joined, but we will be hybrid. I am leaning towards U-EV as the only option we have.

We only have Windows 10 computers.

Anyone got any better ideas?

John_544, May 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 7, 2019
  4. Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

1. Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first - Similar Threads - Should Hybrid joined

2. Windows Autopilot for existing devices supports Hybrid Azure AD Join

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Autopilot for existing devices supports Hybrid Azure AD Join: First, a quick refresher on Windows Autopilot for existing devices: For customers looking for a path to migrate from Windows 7 (or 8.1) to Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot, the challenge was always that you had to register the existing machines with Windows Autopilot in...
  3. Should I join the Insider Programme?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I join the Insider Programme?: I don't know whether to join the Windows Insider Programme or not. I am interested in trying new features, but don't want to experience bugs and issues. I also am afraid of Microsoft spying on my computer activities and the hassle of downloading an update every week. So, can...
  4. Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...

Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...: I do not thoroughly understand what this does because I always thought the updates came from Microsoft servers. Also, if I should do one of these how will it affect my internet speed? The reason I have "Allow downloads from other PCs" currently turned off is that my internet...
  5. Windows 10 Updates Do not allow you to backup your computer first

Windows 10 Updates Do not allow you to backup your computer first: Windows 10 Updates do not allow you to backup your computer first instead they install automatically. This had really got me stumped due to Windows 10 technical experts always suggest you to backup your computer especially if you are updating to a new Windows 10 OS build....
  6. Which should I install first?

Which should I install first?: I just installed W10 and now confused which I installed first. Mother Board Driver or Video Card Driver? *Think*Think*Think 119868
  7. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.: Hi Folks, I cannot get Microsoft Outlook on my Win 10 Laptop to login with the details of my gmail account. Using: Name, User name, and correct security for SSL and TLS, I keep getting the error message advising me that my Login details have been rejected by the server....
  8. Should I allow KB3150513 to install or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I allow KB3150513 to install or not?: I see so much about this on the web and even here. However, I have not seen any info about what this does and if I should let it install. I am running 1607 14393.1066 and have set my updates to Defer Feature Updates as I want to delay CU as long as I can. 83159
  9. HomeGroup is asking to join on PC that should have created it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HomeGroup is asking to join on PC that should have created it.: I am gonna be blunt here. I did post this in a HomeGroup thread already and no luck with a reply. So I am going to start a new thread. So I did the final 10 upgrade about 2 weeks ago on 3 of my machines. Now Homegroup is not working. I have gone through steps from...
  10. Should we care about the name first ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should we care about the name first ?: Hello guys, From when Microsoft Announced to keep name as Windows 10. Many people started debating/arguing on that instead of looking at new tech and features. What do you think ? Is name that matters ? Specially, I saw many topics with "name discussions" instead of...