Windows 10: Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Discus and support Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John_544, May 7, 2019.

1. John_544 Win User

Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of site to an on premises domain controller.

We have examples at our organisation where a user is permanently based offsite and we wish to send them a brand new computer that they have not logged onto before. Currently we either ask them to come collect the computer and log onto it before taking it away or we set them up with a local account (really want to move away from this option).

We have implemented hybrid domain joined computers as we cannot move away from group policy at this stage but none of our hybrid domain joined computers allow UPN login when no line of site to a domain controller. Is this normal behaviour?

Note: UPN logon does work if line of site to a domain controller and with locally cached username.

:)

John_544, May 7, 2019
  2. John_544 Win User

U-EV or something better for Hybrid joined computers

Hi, we are moving to having all hybrid joined computers at our organisation and we want users to have all settings to "roam" with them when they logon to a computer.

I understand there is Enterprise state roaming that would be suitable if we were only Azure AD joined, but we will be hybrid. I am leaning towards U-EV as the only option we have.

We only have Windows 10 computers.

Anyone got any better ideas?

John_544, May 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 7, 2019
  4. Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

1. Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first - Similar Threads - Should Hybrid joined

2. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  3. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  4. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  5. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  6. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Hybrid AD join using ON PREM ADFS settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hybrid AD join using ON PREM ADFS settings: Hey guys,We are currently testing with Hybrid AD joined devices. The joining works correct and the systems get the AD hybrid joined status. However the hybrid joined systems ignore the settings that are in our on prem ADFS server.We have a rule that for intranet zone based on...
  8. Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I haven't done much reading on this but I do it on intuition. I always hibernate my laptop so that it starts up faster. In order for a better health of my laptop, once a week, I restart it. Whenever I shut down my laptop,...
  9. Windows 10 - Hybrid Joined Machines - Intune Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Hybrid Joined Machines - Intune Bitlocker: Goal: To deploy Bitlocker via Intune to both Hybrid Joined / AzureAD joined windows 10 devices. Issue - Currently seeing errors for machines relating to password rotation in the configuration of most workstations. Error: -2016281112 Remediation failed ERROR CODE...
  10. What is "UPN?"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What is "UPN?": "UPN" appears in my Program files across my 4 laptops. From reading, it appears to be a MS thing. What is it for? If nothing in particular, how do you remove as does not appear in, "Uninstall Programs." I searched back to 2016 for explanation for UPN, and nothing. I...