Windows 10: Should I allow cracked programs on my PC?

Discus and support Should I allow cracked programs on my PC? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My son likes installing cracked programs on our PC (some of them are unafordable, such as Vegas Pro). Windows 10 often flags them as trojans and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by antonio3535, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Should I allow cracked programs on my PC?

My son likes installing cracked programs on our PC (some of them are unafordable, such as Vegas Pro).

Windows 10 often flags them as trojans and quarantines or recommends removing them.

He insists that he checks YouTube videos and stuff and that these are just false positives.

My view is that he shouldn't install any illegal programs, so I pay him what I can, but not any cracked programs.

We use this PC for the family: we buy online and do everything with this PC: buy online, check our bank accounts etc.
    Another doubt is: if I buy him a PC for gaming and allow him to use cracked programs, would this put the rest of the computers connected to the same router as well?

I'd welcome any expert opinions on this.

:)

antonio3535, Oct 17, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Darksaber Win User
    Xbox 360 cracked

Even though the hack is very complex, and should not be done by you and me, but the crack will let you play back-ups of your Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 games, and will boot all normal xbox games, yes all, not just the onces on the compatibilty list. So we are one step closer.

Source: TheINQ

Darksaber, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Should I allow cracked programs on my PC?

Problem allowing program through firewall in Windows 10.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persists with a particular program?

• Did you check if you are facing similar issue when you allow other programs through the firewall?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists if you allow other program to allow through the firewall and when on reboot the program is disabled.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the program developer and check with the program settings.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Should I allow cracked programs on my PC?

1. Should I allow cracked programs on my PC? - Similar Threads - Should allow cracked

2. PC screen cracked??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen cracked??: Not sure if this is belongs in tech support or community support, but my outer plastic rim for my computer is cracked, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-screen-cracked/2634e4b6-69f4-4ffe-9ae0-4c3166dda681
  3. PC screen cracked??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen cracked??: Not sure if this is belongs in tech support or community support, but my outer plastic rim for my computer is cracked, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-screen-cracked/2634e4b6-69f4-4ffe-9ae0-4c3166dda681
  4. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  5. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  6. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?

What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?: What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-should-i-change-to-allow-me-to-install-a/69e26390-9656-412c-ae29-5e21d77977bf
  8. should i reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should i reset my pc.: I was just sitting at my desk, got up and came back and the mic on my headset didn't work. I tried to go through all the troubleshooting tips and none worked. I tried to built in troubleshooter and it said it failed to start. I tried to update windows it says I'm missing...
  9. Why should I allow my bank to track my movements?

Why should I allow my bank to track my movements?: I suddenly am told that I must allow cookies to open certain pages in my online bank account. Why should I allow my bank to track my every move for me to see my own account? This is too much invasion and I do NOT LIKE IT!...
  10. Should I allow?

Should I allow?: Should i allow McAfee to make changes to my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/should-i-allow/2c0632bd-8585-4b54-9473-df9963e3db12