Windows 10: Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...

Discus and support Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I do not thoroughly understand what this does because I always thought the updates came from Microsoft servers. Also, if I should do one of these how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...

I do not thoroughly understand what this does because I always thought the updates came from Microsoft servers. Also, if I should do one of these how will it affect my internet speed? The reason I have "Allow downloads from other PCs" currently turned off is that my internet speed has recently been low for some reason.

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 15, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network... [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 15, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...

Update all computer on local network.

Not sure if this is possible,but here we go. I have a computer with 3 hard drives installed,all 3 have Windows 10 installed on them. Lets say the drives are called Bill,Tom,Jane, when the computer boots you chose what drive to use,Bill is the main one. I have a Metered Connection to control date usage. If I do a update on Bill can I make the updte go on Tom & Jane too? If I update all 3 it takes a lot of data. I see in Delivery Optimation you can select PCs on my local network, for some reason it is all grayed out so can't make a change. Is there any way to download updates for one drive then have it update the other two OS.
    Thanks for any suggestions

zplugger, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...

1. Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network... - Similar Threads - Should allow computer

2. Unable to see windows 11 22H2 update computer from other computers on my local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see windows 11 22H2 update computer from other computers on my local network: After the latest Windows 11 22H2 update other computers on my local network are unable to see my computer I'll call it windows 11 computer.I can see other computer from my windows 11 computer but they can't see the windows 11 computer. I suspect it is some of security setting...
  3. Unable to see windows 11 22H2 update computer from other computers on my local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see windows 11 22H2 update computer from other computers on my local network: After the latest Windows 11 22H2 update other computers on my local network are unable to see my computer I'll call it windows 11 computer.I can see other computer from my windows 11 computer but they can't see the windows 11 computer. I suspect it is some of security setting...
  4. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  5. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?: SrTasks.exe just started popping up on my windows defender like yesterday at night and carries on today every 5-40 minutes. I'm not sure if I should allow it on my computer or leave it blocked....
  6. Should I allow SrTasks.exe on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can't see my computer in local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see my computer in local network: After I replaced network switches. I can't see my computer in local network. My system is Windows 10 pro 20H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-computer-in-local-network/e334a45e-68da-4cea-85f8-74fae1c34741
  8. I cannot see other computers on my network.

I cannot see other computers on my network.: I cannot see other computers on my network from my Windows 10 home desktop. I can ping them just fine. I've tried; Follow these steps: a. Click the "Start" button . b. In the search box, type "command prompt." c. In the list of results, right-click...
  9. Cannot access other computers in my local network

Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...
  10. Download option to use other local computers...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download option to use other local computers...: It looks like the option to use other online or local computers to download Windows Updates has finally kicked in. The download of 10130 on my first system proceeded at about 12-14 Mbps. After the first system completed its download, I started the second system. It showed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow downloads from other pcs

2. should i allow downloads from other pcs

3. how to disable allow downloads from other pcs

4. allow downloads frfom otyher pcs,
  5. should i allow downloads from other pcs windows 10,
  6. should i allow downloads from pcs on the internet for updates,
  7. should I allow downloads from other PC`s?,
  8. allow-downloads-from other pcs,
  9. what is allow downloads from other pcs,
  10. do i need a downloader to download KB4522355?