Windows 10: should i also install this on my laptop ? McAfee

Discus and support should i also install this on my laptop ? McAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi all so i have McAfee from Tmobile insurance when i log into my account it , also says i can use on a PC as well. not sure what S mode is i have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tonyb, May 22, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

should i also install this on my laptop ? McAfee

hi all so i have McAfee from Tmobile insurance when i log into my account it , also says i can use on a PC as well. not sure what S mode is i have a laptop but its not touch screen and has win 10 pro 64 bit on it. but just wondering how good is it these days i use on my phone but never have on a PC . what advantages would it have over win 10 defender and MalwareBytes pro? if any let me know your thoughts on this thanks all.

Protect all your devices

PCs*. Macs. Smartphones. Tablets. McAfee Security for T-Mobile covers them all — included with your subscription.
    Download it here or send the link to another device.
    *Not available on PCs with Windows 10 in S mode.

:)

Tonyb, May 22, 2020

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, May 22, 2020
  3. win 10 will not allow me to open McAfee

Hi Norbert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to un-install/re-install McAfee and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, right click on the
      McAfee and select uninstall it.

• Now install it again.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 22, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows 10 1903 and McAfee Compatibility

Check with McAfee for an updated version that does work with Ver 1903.

I suggest uninstalling McAfee, doing the Ver 1903 update then re-installing McAfee / installing the new McAfee version.

Denis

Thema:

1. should i also install this on my laptop ? McAfee - Similar Threads - should install laptop

2. How did McAfee got installed into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did McAfee got installed into my laptop?: I got my ASUS TUF F15Dash laptop last year. I've been ignoring this macfee notification for a long time now, but it just occurred to me that what if it's a virus. I don't think that i saw this notification for a month or two after I purchased my laptop. I also can't find it...
  3. How did McAfee got installed into my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did McAfee got installed into my laptop?: I got my ASUS TUF F15Dash laptop last year. I've been ignoring this macfee notification for a long time now, but it just occurred to me that what if it's a virus. I don't think that i saw this notification for a month or two after I purchased my laptop. I also can't find it...
  4. How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop

How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop: Considering the information you provided in your inquiry, here is a response to help you with McAfee Tech Support: +1-877-369-0875.In case you need particular assistance for your McAfee Antivirus or other McAfee things, you can find an extensive list of free support decisions...
  5. How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Install McAfee Antivirus In Windows Laptop: Considering the information you provided in your inquiry, here is a response to help you with McAfee Tech Support: +1-877-369-0875.In case you need particular assistance for your McAfee Antivirus or other McAfee things, you can find an extensive list of free support decisions...
  6. So I have Device encryption on for my Windows 11 home laptop. Should I also enable...

So I have Device encryption on for my Windows 11 home laptop. Should I also enable...: So I have Device encryption on for my Windows 11 home laptop. Should I also enable encryption in Samsung magician software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-have-device-encryption-on-for-my-windows-11/82841546-2086-4fbd-8afa-ff4b7416db5e
  7. Installing Mcafee on a Windows 10 S laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Installing Mcafee on a Windows 10 S laptop: I'm sorry to ask what may seem like a stupid question but I am really confused. I have just bought a Lenovo Ideapad and it comes with Windows 10 S already installed. I was recommended to buy a Mcafee Lifesave Premium and Microsoft 365 package. I have successfully I believe!...
  8. McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem.

McAfee pre-installed on my Dell laptop is a problem.: Unfortunately that is all the infomation I am given. IDoesn't say what the app is. Doesn't say where it came from. Doesn't have an option to even ask. There are two options. I can block the mystery app or not. Blocking an app has caused bigger problems than letting it...
  9. Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?

Should I use McAfee antivirus program or Windows Defender?: I don't know what Windows Defender is about so I bought McAfee antivirus program. Please help me understand what is best, as I'm a retired person with fixed income and I don't know much about computer. I use a laptop. I was scammed once and paid hundred of dollars. That's why...
  10. Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?

Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?: I bought a new laptop, it came with McAfee LiveSafe. I heard only bad things about McAfee and apparently it just slows everything down. Should I uninstall it and replace it with any free AV? If yes, what Free AV is best (lightweight on system resources yet reliable) for...