Windows 10: Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

Discus and support Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I'm currently using my Microsoft personal account, but I would like to use my work account also to login into my computer. My work account grants... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ricardo Julio Rodríguez, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

Hi! I'm currently using my Microsoft personal account, but I would like to use my work account also to login into my computer. My work account grants me access to all institutional resources, but I've to use my personal account to login Windows. Please, is this the expected behaviour? Why I'm not able to use my work account to login into the computer?

Thanks for your time!

Ricardo

:)

Ricardo Julio Rodríguez, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-sign-options

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

1. Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account? - Similar Threads - Should able login

2. I cant login to my microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant login to my microsoft account on windows 10: It started because i needed to buy the HEVC addon to view apple photos. But i found that i could not login to microsoft store. Everytime i try i get a confirmation code but when i try login i always get the message "an error occured, try login later". I have read multiple...
  3. I cant login to my microsoft account on windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant login to my microsoft account on windows 10: It started because i needed to buy the HEVC addon to view apple photos. But i found that i could not login to microsoft store. Everytime i try i get a confirmation code but when i try login i always get the message "an error occured, try login later". I have read multiple...
  4. I cant login to my microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. not able to login in my school account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    not able to login in my school account: I am not able to login into my college account since despite remembering my password I need to confirm with Microsoft authenticator app. But for login in to the authenticator app, I need confirmation in the authenticator app which is strange. My previous phone in which I set...
  6. Not able to login to Windows - asking for microsoft account login!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login to Windows - asking for microsoft account login!: Hi, From yesterday my son's laptop is giving this strange issue suddenly that only sign-in option which is available is Microsoft account log in it was local account with PIN just 2 days ago. I created MICROSOFT account for him and after log in to Microsoft screen not...
  7. Not able to login with microsoft account in my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login with microsoft account in my laptop: I recently changed my microsoft account password from the browser. I can login there but however the microsoft account has been logged out from my laptop. Problem is that i am not able to login into my microsoft account in my laptop. As i click to login, a dialogue box opens...
  8. Unable able to login to my account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable able to login to my account: Hey guys, I was doing some random stuff on my Surface pro 5th gen when I got the blue screen of death. Now my windows 10 is unable boot and I'm stuck in an infinite loop in Windows Automatic Repair. This is the loop. Troubleshoot > Reset this > Keep my files> Enter...
  9. Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should i use Microsoft account as an administrator?: When I installed Windows 10, to the account step I used the Microsoft account. When the installation is successful, the Microsoft account becomes an administrator. so is it safe to use a Microsoft account as an administrator? Do I need to create another standard account?...
  10. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account: I cannot login to Windows 10 using my Microsoft account. When I try, it asks me to enter my password, which I do. Then it asks me to enter my password again and when I do, it says my password is incorrect. Please help! I normally login with a local account but the local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. am I able to log into this computer with my work account