Windows 10: Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

Discus and support Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I'm currently using my Microsoft personal account, but I would like to use my work account also to login into my computer. My work account grants... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ricardo Julio Rodríguez, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

Hi! I'm currently using my Microsoft personal account, but I would like to use my work account also to login into my computer. My work account grants me access to all institutional resources, but I've to use my personal account to login Windows. Please, is this the expected behaviour? Why I'm not able to use my work account to login into the computer?

Thanks for your time!

Ricardo

:)

Ricardo Julio Rodríguez, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-sign-options

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account?

1. Should I be able to login in my Windows 10 box using my Microsoft work account? - Similar Threads - Should able login

2. I cannot login my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot login my Microsoft account: I don’t see a page to sing in my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-login-my-microsoft-account/46fe3d4c-46b9-4cd5-b72c-f299d44ee2ff"
  3. Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Login to Windows 10 Using My Microsoft Account: I cannot login to Windows 10 using my Microsoft account. When I try, it asks me to enter my password, which I do. Then it asks me to enter my password again and when I do, it says my password is incorrect. Please help! I normally login with a local account but the local...
  4. Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I sign into Windows 10 using my Microsoft account on my Desktop, but I can use...: I can use my Microsoft account password to login to my other Windows devices and web sites, but my desktop gives me a message saying my password is incorrect. I'm using Windows 10 Pro. It not connecting to the internet either and it has an Ethernet connection. There are 3...
  5. Not able to login on my pc

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login on my pc: So I wake up this morning to find that my laptop (windows 10) is saying that I can't sign in right now and that my password (and I've changed it to see if that's the issue) is wrong. I've had trouble reaching the troubleshooting screen, and reaching the login screen. And when...
  6. Can't login to my Microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to my Microsoft account on windows 10: As the title states, I can't login to my microsoft acount on windows 10. Every time I try it says that my account is already in use by another user on my pc even though there are no other users. Please help...
  7. No login box when I turn my computer on

in Windows 10 Customization
    No login box when I turn my computer on: My computer turns on but i do not get a login box. I dont get any prompt. Its just the photo background i see and the time and date Does anyone have any suggestions...
  8. Pin not working and I can't login my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin not working and I can't login my account.: I opened my laptop and it says that my pin is no longer working. I have tried signing in with other option but my password isn't working. I have tried entering my microsoft account password but still no luck. (Not even sure wether i am using my microsoft account on this...
  9. Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?: I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts...
  10. I cant login to my Windows 10 account

I cant login to my Windows 10 account: Hello, I cant login to my windows 10 account on my laptop, but i can login to my mailbox with the same email and password with my phone... It just says "Password Incorrect. try again" This happend after I reboot my laptop safe mode.. 18044