Windows 10: Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these...

Discus and support Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedRaven616 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedRaven616, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these...

/u/RedRaven616, Jul 18, 2020

2. File back up to bitlockered external drive

Thanks John.

By trial and error the solution is,

• Set the file back up to the desired external USB drive, Back up using file history.
    • Run backup to completion.
    • Dismount, (Remove) the drive used.
    • Remount (Plug in) the drive used for the file back up (Steps 1&2) and encrypt using Bitlocker.
    Note you can only encrypt drives using some versions of Windows (Pro for eg not Home)

• Once the external drive has been encrypted dismount.
    • Remount the drive, go to the file back up option, Open, Settings, Backup,
      Back up using file history
    • The drive should now still be visible and has been encrypted.
    • Accessing the drive will be dependant on how it was set up in Bitlocker,
      Open with this PC, password, pin code
      etc.
    • Repeat file back up as in the first two steps.

Hope this helps someone else.

Martin Holme, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Backing up a ps3?

Go to 'My Computer'
    http://img.techpowerup.org/110127/Capture035.jpg

Right click the drive
    http://img.techpowerup.org/110127/Capture036.jpg

No drive A will not be already in fat32.
    Unsure what you mean? Read 5. Allow PS3 to format drive B. While this is taking place see Step 6.

Also see above, I revised a step.

That is correct.

@mods

No don't adjust your eyes, he did not double post. I was doing major editing and deleting of my own posts. *Smile Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these... :)

JrRacinFan, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Cos_ Win User

Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these...

Can I back up to external hard drive and another PC on my networK

Win 10 Pro Back Up Capability.

Can I back up to multiple places?

I have an external hard drive and I am currently backing up some of my folders. Not all due to size limitation of external drive.

I have two other PC on my home network, lots of space,

Can I also back up my music to one and my pictures to the other.

When I went to back up / advanced ; it said I'd need to stop current back up to add another.

This does not seem like it should have to be.

Any suggestions, I'd need rather simple but complete steps.

Thema:

Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these...

1. Should I be concerned? I signed up for one drive, backed up my files, and its showing these... - Similar Threads - Should concerned signed

2. One Drive as back up only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive as back up only.: Almost all of my personal files are being automatically kept on one drive and not my local drive and now I have a mix of files in two different places-yikes. I would like my local drive to be the source for all my documents and have OD keep copies of everything as a backup....
  3. Should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be concerned?: Hello.I was just looking around in Device Manager. Went to View > Devices By Connection and saw "Unknown Device". Is it spyware? Should I be concerned?I'm not too much into tech so I'm not sure if this is normal....
  4. Should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I be concerned?: Hello.I was just looking around in Device Manager. Went to View > Devices By Connection and saw "Unknown Device". Is it spyware? Should I be concerned?I'm not too much into tech so I'm not sure if this is normal....
  5. How can I get my files back that are not showing up on this hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get my files back that are not showing up on this hard drive?: [ATTACH] I had posted here but then forgot I did and didn't come back to post so it got archived(see thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d61kpe/can_you_make_an_external_hdd_into_an_internal/). I have this external that my friend took out of the casing...
  6. One drive back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive back up: My one drive is not taking back up. It is giving me an option to sign in using my Microsoft credentials but it is not going any further when I click on that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up/2ecb43ee-af1d-4151-bc74-e821170eb4a1
  7. One Drive Back Up moved my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Back Up moved my files: A onedrive back up moved all of my files and my short cuts from File Explorer no longer work. How do I undo this horrible action? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up-moved-my-files/a49114d4-7115-4466-9a95-bdf2f228bce1
  8. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...
  9. Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selecting Folders and Files to Back Up to One Drive: I don't mind the service. But, I don't want ALL my files on my laptop to be in the Cloud. How do I de-select certain folders and files so they are NOT saved in the Cloud?...
  10. Should I back up files and documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I back up files and documents: Before installing windows 10 should I back up and or save my libraries, documents, pictures etc. and all the downloaded programs and files I currently use? 11894