Windows 10: Should I be concerned with this Trojan alert from a Steam game or is Windows threat...

Discus and support Should I be concerned with this Trojan alert from a Steam game or is Windows threat... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/connorclarkson [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/connorclarkson, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Should I be concerned with this Trojan alert from a Steam game or is Windows threat...

/u/connorclarkson, Nov 2, 2020

2. Steam games do not work after latest update

Hi,

Issues in launching Steam games after the Windows 10, version 1703 update may occur if Game Mode is disabled or the game components are corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we recommend that you manually enable Game Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard.
    • Select Settings in the Game bar.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for
      Game Mode.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after enabling Game Mode, please answer the questions below so we can properly isolate your concern.

• Were you asked to uninstall the Steam games before installing the Windows 10, version 1703 update?
    • Does the issue occur on other games aside from Steam games?

Loraine Mon, Nov 2, 2020
  3. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Should I be concerned with this Trojan alert from a Steam game or is Windows threat...

Windows 10 vs Steam Games

Hi Antonio,

Just to verify your concern, you are having trouble launching games on your PC that you purchased from Steam. Is this correct? If so, kindly provide us with the following information I have listed below:

• What games are you trying to launch that you are having issues with?
    • Can you try launching other games like the default Windows games? (i.e. Solitaire)
    • Are you getting any error messages when launching these games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please advise. we'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Should I be concerned with this Trojan alert from a Steam game or is Windows threat...

1. Should I be concerned with this Trojan alert from a Steam game or is Windows threat... - Similar Threads - Should concerned Trojan

2. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...: My computer is acting weird lately or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. it got slower, prone to shutdowns and weird stuff going on. I can't point a finger whether it's a hardware my avr is gonna get replaced soon, as it was making weird cracking sounds and shutsdown my...
  3. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...: My computer is acting weird lately or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. it got slower, prone to shutdowns and weird stuff going on. I can't point a finger whether it's a hardware my avr is gonna get replaced soon, as it was making weird cracking sounds and shutsdown my...
  4. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trojan Spyware Alert?

Trojan Spyware Alert?: Is this real? My computer froze up and I really need this computer to work. If I don’t, then I’m genuinely screwed. I’ve gotten out on task manager and I’m going to close it out now, but I have a picture to verify and I just need reassurance. The picture won’t upload it keeps...
  6. Trojan Spyware Alert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Spyware Alert?: Is this real? My computer froze up and I really need this computer to work. If I don’t, then I’m genuinely screwed. I’ve gotten out on task manager and I’m going to close it out now, but I have a picture to verify and I just need reassurance. The picture won’t upload it keeps...
  7. Should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be concerned?: Hello.I was just looking around in Device Manager. Went to View > Devices By Connection and saw "Unknown Device". Is it spyware? Should I be concerned?I'm not too much into tech so I'm not sure if this is normal....
  8. Should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned?: Hello.I was just looking around in Device Manager. Went to View > Devices By Connection and saw "Unknown Device". Is it spyware? Should I be concerned?I'm not too much into tech so I'm not sure if this is normal....
  9. Trojan alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan alert: when logging in, received message: "Trojan Spyware Alert: Error Code #0x898778. PC access blocked, Call support at 1-930-200-9432." Call drops immediately after connecting! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trojan-alert/40d27f34-d6ec-49c0-b915-a3b8809a159f
  10. Trojan Spyware Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Spyware Alert: Trojan Horse WarningIs 1-866-993-1486 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? A loud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...