Windows 10: Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder?

Discus and support Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danamarino [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danamarino, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder?

/u/Danamarino, Nov 5, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 5, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 5, 2020
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder?

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder?

1. Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder? - Similar Threads - Should deleting files

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  4. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  5. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Should I delete OneDrive Folder

Should I delete OneDrive Folder: Hi. I messed up my OneDrive so bad, I couldn't do anything with it. I want to start over and set it up correctly before I start using it again. At OneDrive.com I unlinked the pc and unlinked the account. Then I closed OneDrive on my computer and uninstalled OneDrive via...
  7. Should I delete these files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I delete these files?: Hello.I had deleted Browser Assistant on my PC. I was looking for files with "edge" in them and found these files near the bottom.They have Browser Assistant in their path.So it begs the question; was the whole Browser Assistand file deleted and should I delete these files?I...
  8. I found an application in my download file called fp_player.exe, I deleted the application...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I found an application in my download file called fp_player.exe, I deleted the application...: So the application downloaded it by itself since I was downloading something in Mediafire. I saw it in my download file an hour after, I deleted it and emptied my bin. I also installed and scanned malware bytes (non-premium) and windows defender multiple times with no...
  9. Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps

Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps: just wondering cuz i hav ALOT OF UNNECCESARY FILE/FOLDERS IN THE REGISTRY EDITOR. It's not an issue.... but recently there was an error cuz the app i was trying to install, the old files were cuz interfering with the new files for the app in the registry. So can anyone tell...
  10. Should I delete this folder in the Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I delete this folder in the Registry: I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't. While in the Registry, I typed "Setpoint" under Find and it brings me to this particular Folder. In it, I see several things regarding...