Windows 10: Should I be running the 64bit version of windows 10 if my computer processor can support it?

Discus and support Should I be running the 64bit version of windows 10 if my computer processor can support it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; With the 32bit version I'm getting tons of clipping when I play music and run an antivirus scan in the background, would switching to the 64bit version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tubbybubby, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Should I be running the 64bit version of windows 10 if my computer processor can support it?

With the 32bit version I'm getting tons of clipping when I play music and run an antivirus scan in the background, would switching to the 64bit version help matters?

I have a Core 2 Duo 2.6 gigahertz processor, 4GB of RAM (4 GB maximum), x64 processor, should run fine, admittedly should run slowly , but why the clipping? Is it an inefficient hard drive the problem? I don't think I could add a SSD for the operating system, I don't think the board will support it.

but it is 64bit right? Maybe Microsoft would let me switch from the 32bit to the 64bit for a prorated amount? am I dreaming?

:)

tubbybubby, Feb 16, 2019
  2. HairyFool Win User

Can 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 10 support different processors

There are some CPU requirements that are specific to 64bit introduced with Windows 8.1 so yes it is possible that compatibility failure in 64bit setup would pass in 32bit. It depends on what the system failed on in the 1st place.

"Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor or SoC (system on a chip). 64-bit versions of Windows 10 require a processor that supports CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW, and LAHF/SAHF capabilities." (Paul
    Thurrott
    )

CoreInfo from Sysinternals will give a detailed list of the CPU capabilities

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc835722?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Some are confused by the output. * means it is supported - means it's not. CMPXCHG16b is listed as CX16

HairyFool, Feb 16, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Soan0 Win User

Should I be running the 64bit version of windows 10 if my computer processor can support it?

Windows 10 64bit doesn't support.

Hi Sir,

I am using windows10 32bit, which is running fantastically with no problem.

But I want to use windows 10 64bit version, but when I try to install through USB it get freeze on boot screen, forward process doesn't appear.

So please help me out, what should I do. My processor supports 64bit but win10 doesn't.

Soan0, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Should I be running the 64bit version of windows 10 if my computer processor can support it?

1. Should I be running the 64bit version of windows 10 if my computer processor can support it? - Similar Threads - Should running 64bit

2. Can I reactivate support for my win 11 if I get a new supported processor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reactivate support for my win 11 if I get a new supported processor?: I have an i5 7500 and have an unsupported windows 11 installed on it bought the pc this way.I just have two questions:What am I missing out with my current rig being unsupported?If I buy a supported cpu with a new motherboard, do I have to reinstall windows 11 just to get the...
  3. Can I reactivate support for my win 11 if I get a new supported processor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I reactivate support for my win 11 if I get a new supported processor?: I have an i5 7500 and have an unsupported windows 11 installed on it bought the pc this way.I just have two questions:What am I missing out with my current rig being unsupported?If I buy a supported cpu with a new motherboard, do I have to reinstall windows 11 just to get the...
  4. can my processor run windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can my processor run windows 10: ok ima do that again before i upgrade so i can't face any problemquestions i need to ask is:is my processor supports windows 10can i upgrade nowdo i need more ram to upgrade 64 bit. like 4gb ram?...
  5. can my processor run windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can my processor run windows 10: ok ima do that again before i upgrade so i can't face any problemquestions i need to ask is:is my processor supports windows 10can i upgrade nowdo i need more ram to upgrade 64 bit. like 4gb ram?...
  6. can my processor run windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can my computer run Windows 10?

Can my computer run Windows 10?: So i have a laptop from 2011 installed Windows 7 Starter by default. How do i upgrade to Windows 10? Im not planning to buy a laptop/pc in this tough time, so I bought Windows 10 Home, but i dont know how to install it. If helpful, this is my laptop specs: - Processor:...
  8. Can my computer run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can my computer run Windows 10?: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 that’s running Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10, is this possible? submitted by /u/stellaeray [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik5ouc/can_my_computer_run_windows_10/
  9. Are ARM-Based Processors able to run a 64bit app?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are ARM-Based Processors able to run a 64bit app?: So basically, my pc has an ARM processor and i want to know if ARM processors can handle 64bit apps. I am asking this question because whenever i try to download a 64bit app It says this application needs a 64 bit system....
  10. Run 64bit Windows on 32bit UEFI that on 64 bit Processor

Run 64bit Windows on 32bit UEFI that on 64 bit Processor: i managed to install 32bit windows 10 on my laptop specs - 320gb hdd - 4gb ram ( upgraded from 2gb ) - intel atom the reason i want 64bit windows is for me to access the full 4gb ram ( 3gb usable on 32bit windows ) or is there an Pae patch for windows 10 already?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what version of windowns should i be running with 3100mhz processor

2. the cpu isnt supported lahf/sahf